CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Votes are in! Thank you for voting! Results are at the end! And btw, you are only allowed to vote once. Even if you comment 40+ times, it still counts as one vote.

••• - ••• - •••

Unedited

Chapter 32

- Mia White -

"He won't fucking answer," Ben groaned when he heard Ace's voicemail.

We were back to our little camp area, and while Ben was trying to contact Ace, I was treating Austin's wounds. The entire time we walked back, Austin stayed silent with his eyes focused on the ground.

I couldn't stop the small smile creep on my face when I saw Jacob and Charles once we made it back from the basement though. I saw a slight shade of red on Jacob's cheeks when I asked what happened.

As I finished wrapping the bandage on Austin, I asked told Jacob to hand me a bottle of water and something for Austin to eat. Form the thin figure he had, Austin hasn't eaten in days. I tried to start a small conversation with him, but he still wouldn't talk.

Of course, I would never force him to talk to me, but I needed to know why he was there and what they did to him.

Did Mr Summer know that he was there?

Probably.

"No luck?" I asked Ben when I saw him sigh in frustration. He shook his head. but tried to call Ace again.

Levi was still gone as well. We tracked down his phone and tried to find him, but for some reason, he threw it away.Or at least I think he threw it away since the screen was cracked.

Jacob gave me the bottled water and a container filled with fruits and asked if I needed anything else. I looked at Austin as he stared at the contained of fruits, and when I shook my head, Jacob nodded and walked to Charles.

"Can I have that?" Austin asked, and I handed it to him. He opened it and began to eat.

"Austin?" He looked at me and stayed silent as if telling me to continue to talk. "Do you mind telling me why you were in that basement?"

He stopped eating as his body turned tense.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me now. But I need to know sooner or later," I told him, see that he wasn't ready to talk about it. He's been trapped there for who knows how long and suddenly a bunch of strangers come and resume him. But he doesn't have our full trust yet.

If I was in his position, I would either. You can never know who to trust in this world.

"No," he finally spoke. "It's okay. Someone has to know."

He handed me the container and fiddled with his fingers as he began to tell me his story.

"It happened about ten years ago when my dad killed my twin sister," he spoke quietly but was loud enough for me to hear. "The last thing I saw before being dragged away from him, was the sister's dead body and her blood staining the perfectly white carpet. He locked me up here for years, punishing me and telling me that it was my older sister, Mindy's fault that she died."

Annie.

But I never would have guessed Mindy had a younger brother. I can see why Austin looked so scared when he saw us. He thought we were going to do the same thing his father did to him.