31

Jason's POV (of the last few chapters)

I woke up the next morning with Sydney half laying on top of me sound asleep. I carefully lifted her up and slid out from under her. I put the covers back over her and kissed her forehead before leaving the room. I walked downstairs to find Sean and Chris eating breakfast. I sat down next to them.

"You ready for tonight?" asked Chris.

I nodded. Sean looked at me and spoke in a serious tone. "Jason do you think it's a good idea to bring Sydney along? It might not be so safe for her."

"No one is going to start a fight at the peace summit. Sydney will be safe as long as one of us stays with her, understand?" The both nodded and continued eating. Roger put a plate down for me which I thanked him for. Soon Madi and Sam both came downstairs and sat down with us.

Madi kept looking up at me then looking at her plate. I sighed. "What is it Madi?"

"It's just... it's about Sydney," she said sounding nervous.

"What about her?" she didn't say anything. "Just say what you are thinking Madi, I promise I won't get mad."

"I don't think we should keep her here. Jason we should let her go home to her brother. She clearly likes you, so maybe she would be with you, just on her own terms." she said all of that in one breath then looked down at her plate.

"I'm not mad at you Madi, but don't bring this up again understand?" she opened her mouth to speak but instead nodded her head.

Sydney then walked downstairs and sat down with us. Madi and Sydney both finished their food. "C'mon let's go to my room," Madi said to Sydney as she grabbed her hand and dragged her upstairs.

The rest of us finished our food before getting up. Sean, Chris and I worked in the office. A few hours of working we decided to get ready. I went to my room and went to the closet. I grabbed the suit and put it on. I left the closet and went over to my drawer, I grabbed my tie that matched Sydney's dress.

I walked downstairs to see Sean, Sam, and Chris waiting around for us. I smiled at Sam. " I didn't think you were going to come tonight."

"Yeah well I found a babysitter for Patrick," she told me.

"Well you look great," I told her. She smiled and kissed my cheek in a friendly sisterly way. The three of us have been inseparable since the third grade and by freshman year Chris joined our group. Sean and Sam have been together since freshman year of high school.

A few minutes later Madi walked downstairs. She looked great and I could tell Chris thought the same. He's had a thing for her since he moved here but never had the guts to say anything. Then Sydney walked down, and I can say with one hundred percent certainty, she was the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. her mair flowed down her body outlining her beautiful face. her gold shimmery dress clung to her perfect curvy hourglass body.

I walked over to her with lust clearly shown in my eyes. I looked her up and down before speaking. "You look absolutely stunning. You look, beautiful princess," I said.

she smiled. "Thank you." I just stared at her. "So can we go?" I nodded and we all headed out to the car. When we were all in the car she spoke. "So where are we going?"

"It's like this peace gathering that gangs all over come to." responded Chris.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean we are exactly 'friends' with all of them, so make sure you stay with one of us," I said. she nodded. "But do remember to be respectful to the Grays because they are the ones hosting."

She nodded but then snapped her head over to me. "Wait... you mean we are going to the Gray's house, as in Jackson Gray?" she asked, seeming excited.

"Yeah Jackson and Amelia Gray. Why do you ask?" asked Chris suspiciously.

"I-i've just heard of them that's all," she replied.

I looked at her not quite believing her but I let it go for now. "Yeah well, just be aware Jackson Gray and I are not in anyway friends." she nodded in reply and didn't talk for the rest of the car ride.

We arrived in front of the house, stopping at a gate where guards look at our invitations. We were let in and pulled up in front of the house. Sean, Sam, Chris, and Madi all go out first and so was Sydney when I stopped her.

"What up?" she asked me.

"Just there's going to be a lot of people here, bad people, and I just want to tell you that you need to be careful."

"I understand," she replied.

"Sydney I mean it, you need to stay in reach of one of us at all times," I said.

She put her hand on my cheek. "I understand, I'll be careful and I'll stay in reach of you guys." I slightly leaned into her hand before nodding. I got out of the car and extended a hand out for her. I grabbed it and stepped out of the car.