|•XXXI•|

~Zodia's POV~

We finally reached the royal tomb and, lucky us, we didn't have a run-in with the powerful Red Giant the hunters were mentioning. On foot, we headed towards the royal tomb. "I can't believe I completely forgot about this one. Must've slipped my mind," I said.

"Glad you said somethin' before we got on the boat," Noctis states.

"Me, too. You'll need every royal arm to help in your ascension. With the power of the past Kings, your ascension will prove to be much more than claiming a throne."

Noctis expression soon fell at the mention of his future. I knew he was still not ready to claim the throne, but he will be in time. I sent him a smile, which calmed him down. He couldn't hold back his own smile as he met my gaze.

Arriving at the tomb, Noctis opened the door and we shuffled into the ancient burial site. As he claimed another royal arm for his arsenal, familiar symbols caught my attention in the rear of the tomb. Two statues obscured my view and I walked closer to get a better look. Looking behind the statues, I was able to spot the entrance to zodiac ruins.

"A zodiac inside a royal tomb? How strange," I mumble to myself as I squeeze behind the two stone structures. I placed my pendant cozy into the door to allow access to the former temple. The stone grinds harshly against the ground, drawing everyone's attention. "I'll be back," I said, my eyes meeting Ignis'. He nods and I head into the ruins.

What struck me as odd was the way the pathways were designed. They were completely different than the other ruins. The main chamber was nowhere in sight, until I reached a long stairwell that delved deeper into the core of Eos. With each step, I could feel the temperature rising. Sweat dripped from my forehead and my throat was completely devoid of moisture.

The main chamber was at the bottom of the stairwell, nursing a red orb. "Should've known a zodiac of fire was residing here," I scoff. I awaken the zodiac with a simple touch and wait to greet them. As the light disperses, the one and only Leo stands before me.

The white lion stares at me with his piercing sapphire eyes before taking a step closer

The white lion stares at me with his piercing sapphire eyes before taking a step closer. I wasn't afraid of the zodiac as he closed the distance between us. Leo lowered his head and placed it under my hand. Then, he lifted his head, taking my hand with it. I ran my fingers through his white mane and was shocked to feel how soft it was.

"You have a warm and kind heart. I can easily tell from your gentle touch, Daughter." Leo leans into my hand, his eyes shutting slowly.

"I know we've just met, but... could I hug you?" I ask with envious eyes. Leo chuckles deeply before nodding. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His white fur tickled my cheeks as I took a step closer. I couldn't completely wrap my arms around Leo, but he still enjoyed my touch. "Don't tell Castor and Pollux, but... you're much softer than them."

Another chuckle emitted from the lion's throat. "I shan't tell a soul."

"A strange first meeting, yes?" I ask while giggling.