chapter two

KENZIE'S POINT OF VIEW
•••

"wake up, kenzie!" maddie, my older sister barged into my room, and jumped onto my bed, while i was peacefully sleeping.

me, being the grouchy morning person i am, shoved her off my bed, causing her to groan in pain. i began laughing, which caused me to suddenly be wide awake.

i sat up in my bed, and saw maddie, still sprawled on the floor. that only caused me to burst into another fit of giggles, and her to glare at me, but not for long. soon enough, both of us had doubled over in fits of laughter.

"come on, kenzie! we're gonna be late if you don't hurry. school's about to start." maddie informed me. i looked at the clock hanging on the wall, and immediately jumped out of bed. school was going to start in fifteen minutes.

i hurriedly got dressed, and then dorota, my handmaid came and greeted me. "miss mackenzie. good morning. your mother and father are awaiting your arrival in the dining hall." i nodded and muttered a quick thanks before heading downstairs.

sure enough, both my parents were seated at the table, along with maddie. "good morning." my mom smiled at me. "morning." i yawned. "good morning. and cover your mouth when you yawn. it's rude." my dad corrected me. "sorry. good morning." i repeated, with the slightest hint of sarcasm so neither of my parents would realise. but maddie did, and she tried her best not to crack a smile.

i hurriedly ate my waffles that had been served, and after saying goodbye, maddie and i left for school.

we reached school, and maddie hurriedly waved bye to me, before rushing to her friends. i waved to them, and then walked to my locker, where my friends and i usually meet.

"hi mackenzie!" "hey kenz." i was greeted as i walked into school. i was used to this, but i wasn't used to the scared looks on people's faces as i walked past them.

i ignored them, and walked towards lauren and annie. "hey guys! what's wrong? why is everyone acting so strange today?" i questioned them. "umm lauren will tell you. i've gotta go for art." annie said. "but you took music..." i reminded her. "oh umm yeah. i've gotta go for music." annie muttered, before rushing towards the bathroom, which was the opposite way to the music room.

"umm i think jess is calling me. gottta run." lauren rushed off as well. "okay then..." i said to myself, confused.

"so i'm guessing you don't know." i turned around. "is there going to be a single day where you're going to leave me alone? and what don't i know?" i asked johnny. "no, for the first question, and about brandon." he replied.

"what happened? is he okay?" i asked, worried. johnny simply nodded. "what's wrong then?" i questioned, confused.

"brandon is cheating on you. with molly marks." johnny smirked. "wow. another one of your lame jokes. at least make it funny." i shook my head at johnny, before grabbing my books and slamming my locker door shut, and walking away.

"don't say i didn't warn you." johnny called out from behind me. i ignored him, and continued walking.

once i entered french, the staring began again. this was getting creepy. i was about to tell everyone to kind their own business, when the teacher walked in. i immediately clapped my mouth shut. instead, i glared back at them, and eventually they all looked away.

five minutes through the class, i was already bored. this was one class neither lauren nor annie had with me. what's even worse is that johnny is in this class. i looked around and saw that he was missing. i was about to point this out to the teacher, in hopes of getting him into detention, but just then he entered. i sighed in disappointment.

"sorry i'm late, miss. it won't happen again." johnny said, looking anything but sorry. "yeah sure." i muttered under my breath. he looked my way and winked. excuse me? cringe alert!

"i think we both know it will. but enter, johnny. please take a seat next to miss ziegler as that is the only vacant seat at the moment." my teacher told him.

"you've got to be kidding." i mentally face palmed myself. if only looks could kill. johnny would be long gone by now, and just the thought makes me grin.

johnny took a seat beside me, grinning widely. i hate him. oh, i hate him so much! you may wonder why i hate him. i mean, he has his reason, but i have mine as well.

right after i cheated on him, the next day itself, he began to tell people that i was sleeping with three different guys, and other things i'd rather not mention. those were some of the worst days of my life, and it took a while for the rumours to clear up.

not to mention, by the next week, johnny had slept with three different girls. that was when he got the title of a player.

"miss ziegler. would you care to answer?" mrs. woods asked me. by the look on her face, she'd been trying to get my attention for quite a while now.

ihad no idea what we were talking about. "oh uh.. actually-" i stuttered. just then, the bell rang, saving my life.

"class dismissed. this discussion will be finished tomorrow, and miss. ziegler, please pay more attention in class." mrs. woods said. i nodded, turning red.

i heard johnny mutter something along the lines of "that stupid girl." i glared at him, knowing he was talking about me. i imitated him, and said, loud enough for him to hear, "that stupid boy." now it was his turn to glare at me. i smirked, and skipped out of class. mackenzie; one, johnny; zero.

i saw lauren and annie waiting for me at my locker. seeing my locker reminded me of what johnny told me in the morning. i chuckled at his lame joke. "lauren! your brother's sense of humour really needs to improve. this morning, he told me brandon was cheating. on me. with molly marks." i burst out laughing. i waited for lauren and annie to join in, but they didn't. "come on! the lameness of the joke is quite sad." i chuckled.

"kenzie..." annie began. "he wasn't lying." laurne finished.

•••
oh god i hate this book
i hate my acc tbh
i wanna restart skfjrkke
sidebar: i got dorota's name from gossip girl :)

[ word count — 1101 words ]
( EDITED )