Chapter 3: Run Agate Run

Aarush Sha's eyes shone like bright emeralds. Beautiful dark green gems with flicks of gold were only made more enticing by his long and thick eyelashes, contrasting well with his olive brown skin.

The crown princes eunuch, Lan Min, blushes a slight shade of red through the young boys intense gaze. He was extremely beautiful for a foreigner who served the emperor. No No. There was much more important matters at hand. Aarush Sha yawns, watching Lan Min, wondering why he had called for his services so early in the morning. Such a bother to be interrupted this early.

Nervously twirling his fingers, Lan Min begins to cry, frantically letting out a stream of words. Aarush steps back, shocked.

"I am sorry to bother you so early but really I cannot ask anyone else to successfully and discreetly complete this job. I had just walked in to inform his highness of something, only to notice that he is gone! To think I had believed his lies of dancing and pleasing the princess when I know just how much he had despised her. Gah! Please! Please find him and make sure his safe. The emperor cannot know about this or his majesty will be punished severely. So please do not inform your master the captain and bring him back alone. I beg you."

Lan Min finally stops to take a long breath, wiping his tears and staring at the boy. His exquisite face was enough to shut out his worries for a moment. Aarush Sha. The foreign boy whose back story no one really knew.

No one knew how he had come here or how he had became so incredibly strong . For a boy who was only 18 years old, a year younger than the crown prince, he was a prodigy, second to only the unit commander, the highest position in the military.

Observing the boy, he had a face that defined mysteriousness. A body that was refined through his rigorous training. Truly a marvelous person, that is, if only he did not have a split personality.

In a flash, Aarush steps forward and grabs Lan Min hands, shaking it furiously which causes his head to rattle. "I am honoured! Truly honoured! I would love, love, love to go and protect our dear crown prince. Thank you so much for this opportunity. Just you wait. I will bring him back exactly how he had left this place. Thank you!," Aarush gushes out, his eyes twinkling.

Lan Min immediately removes his hands from the boy, his hand slightly shaking and averts eye contact. Aarush Sha had two personalities which alternated at seemingly random times. No one knows the cause of it or how it originated. The first personality was the more common one. A fierce, genius warrior with a humorous tongue. And the other... was like a little boy who had a deep fascination for the crown prince. It seemed that now he was the latter.

Thank you truly Lan Min, you will not regret it," Aarush says seriously, before a goofy smile consumes his face as he giggles. Lan Min watches him leave, his eyebrows furrowing.

There were alot of things Lan Min should be worrying about. The Crown prince had disappeared. He was in a state of frenzy and distress after finding the Crown princes letter. If the emperor finds out, the crown prince will be punished and himself probably executed. Yes, a lot of things to worry about indeed. However in that moment, he could only think of one thing.

"He remembered my name."

A name that belongs to a mere servant.

Once again Lan Min's face blushes a deep red.

***

To think he could finally meet Zhihuan again after so long. Only a few knew of the princes identity and Aarush was one of them. One day, one day soon he will repay the debt he owes Zhihuan. That Aarush swore too. Cupping his hand towards his mouth, he produces a loud whistling sound and a magnificent black beast trots up to him. A menacing horse that seemed to be 3 times his size with powerful muscles protruding from his body.