9

Assigning work like hell!

Mr. Steele was crazy.

He made sure that I was on my toes, always and they didn't get any rest. He gave me work which was not needed for the next two weeks. He didn't even give me lunch break because apparently, his work was more important than my health.

He was acting and behaving strange after that night and I would like to think that it's not just because of the slap. He was being extra rude and arrogant then usual and there was this weird glint in his eyes. His blue eyes always turn to a darker shade of blue when he sees me and I have noticed that they only turn black when he gets angry. One thing that I have gathered in these few days is he was angry at me and I guess, understandable considering how no one has even talked back at him and here I was, kicking him in nuts and slapping him across his face.

Today was Saturday, meaning weekend and I was dreading for today. The entire week he made me work like insane! I haven't slept properly in past few days because he made sure to make my life hell by giving me work at home too. My last week consisted of a hella lot of amount of coffee, three hours of sleep and a hell loads of work. Thank god, he didn't give me any work for weekends.

Atleast I can sleep properly tonight.

"Enna! My love!"

Before I could turn, I was soon engulfed in a tight hug. His hands were wrapped around my torso as he placed his face on my neck and snuggled.

"Mattie!" I exclaimed, happily.

I have not seen a lot of Matt past few days as I have been totally engrossed with my work. As far as Sam was concerned, I made sure to spend as much time as I could. My parents were a lot of help and I was glad that they decided to move here.

For the last three days, my routine was to drop Sam at my parents apartment after giving him a nice bath, breakfast and a kiss on his cheek and pick him up after I come from work and spend my entire time with him till he was fast asleep. I would then start doing my work and finish it around three and wake up at seven because I had to leave for work at half eight to reach the office at nine and the routine continued. To say that I was tired would be the understatement of the century. It has only been a week and I was already dreading for holidays.

Atleast I can rest for two days.

"Where are you going?" I asked, pointing at his black t-shirt, denim jeans and grey shoes.

"Correction. You should ask, where are we going?"

"Okay, so where are we going?" I said, emphasizing on 'we' and chuckled slightly.

"Grocery shopping." He said, taking my hand and leading me to my room. He pushed me inside my room and rushed to my wardrobe. After that, he took out same black t-shirt as his and faded denim shorts and throw them towards me. I screeched as they landed on my face.

"Matt!"

"Now, shoo! We are leaving in ten." Ten? Was he crazy? I still had to ready Sam, but before I could protest, he spoke, "Don't worry about champ. I'll take care of him."

"Ok." I chuckled and went inside.

Ten minutes and a little amount of lipgloss and eyeliner later, I was all ready to go for grocery shopping.

I came out of my room and to the living room to find Matt standing there with Sam. He was wearing the same black t-shirt as we were wearing. I looked confusedly at Matt and raised my eyebrows at him.

"What? I just feel like we should all dress same. Now, let's head to  Walmart!"

We went inside Matt's car with Matt on the driving seat and I on the passenger seat and Sam on my lap. Once we reached the Walmart, we decided to split, so that we could finish the grocery shopping quick.

I was deciding to go at my parents after this because honestly, the only time I got to see them was when I dropped and picked Sam from their home. I was missing them like crazy and to not meet them even when they were so close to me was making me feel sad.

Now I understand why people say, 'life happens'.

Sam was standing right beside me, while I was deciding on which cereal should I buy, when I heard the voice of someone which I didn't want to hear. His deep sound was enough to send chills through my body.

"Ms. Collins."

"Mr. Steele." I said, looking at him, but he was not looking at me. He was looking at Sam who was now holding my hand. His eyes held confusion like he was trying to figure out something.

"Can we get fruity loopy, mommy?" Mr. Steele's eyes soon turned dark and he looked at me with angry eyes.

"You are married." He was not asking, but rather telling it to himself.

"No."

"Babe, I am done." Matt said, placing his hand on my shoulder. His eyes landed on Mr. Steele and he gave him a wide smile.

"We didn't introduce properly last time. I am Matt Smith." He said, extending his hand towards Mr. Steele. I thought he would not shake hands with him looking at the anger in his eyes, but he shook hands with hin reluctantly.

"Aaron Steele."

The tension is the air was thick. No one was saying anything and the atmosphere was suddenly quiet, like we were the only people here. I didn't dare look in his eyes. I made sure that my eyes were glued to the floor.

"Mommy, Shammy is hungwy." Sam said, breaking the awkward tension.

"Yes, baby. We are just leaving." I hold his finger and looked at Matt, giving him the signal that we needed to leave.

"Bye, Mr. Steele." I said and quickly rushed to make the payments. One more second around him will suffocate me in nervousness.

Once we made all the payments, we headed out of the store and I sighed in relief. Matt placed his hand in my shoulder and gave me a side hug to comfort me. He was not my best friend, just because we were friends for so long, but because he understands me more than anyone. He knows when to comfort me and when to give me space. He was a true friend in every sense.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be just fine." He said, assuring me. I could feel a tear sliding down my cheek and I hugged Matt tightly.

"Why does he get mad at me so much?" I asked, as tears started pouring out of my eyes.

"He does not hate you Enna. No one can ever hate my girl." He said, kissing my forehead and I chuckled at his cheesiness.

"If you were straight, then I would have married you long time ago." I said, smiling at him.

"Definitely. Now, let's sit in the car, champ must be wondering why we are standing out and hugging each other." He said, making me laugh.

"You are the best, Mattie!"

"I know."

~

If you enjoyed this chapter, then don't forget to vote and share this story

If you enjoyed this chapter, then don't forget to vote and share this story. Lemme know your views in the comments.

Be happy and be kind.

Xoxo.