39. Vampire Vs. Zombies Reality

"Are you kidding me?" my voice raises, even as my cool exterior is broken by the smile that creeps across my lips. "Name one vampire that you have to be afraid of?"

  "Reza," Zeke shakes his head as he over exaggerates his sigh, "you are only focusing on the vampires we know!"

  "What am I, chopped liver?" Damon chimes in, pulling at a strand of hair that has fallen loose from behind my ear.

  "Oh, you know you are a softy," I tease, swatting his hand away before leaning into him and resting my head on his shoulder.

  He grunts, but doesn't bother arguing, rather wraps his arm around me tighter. I don't protest, only giggle softly as I notice a hint of a smile cross his face. I nibble my lip and  cuddle into his side, getting cozy as we stretch out across Zeke's bed. I nuzzle into him, absorbing all the warmth and comfort that he has to offer.

  My mind feels like its spinning, hardly able to believe that this is my new reality. My pulse quickens even as I try to calm my nervous excitement. To think, I am sitting here cuddling with Damon Salvatore. 

  As if he knows what I am thinking, Damon smirks down at me, making me squirm beside him as I try to avert my eyes. I can still feel his eyes on me, my cheeks warming as I try my best to ignore him. It is a hopeless attempt however, no matter how hard I try to think of anything else, my senses are hyper focused on only him. On the way my skin tingles where our bodies lean against one another.  How I can feel his strength in the way he holds me against himself, yet how gentle he is in the way he caresses the skin just below the sleeve of my t-shirt. His thumb tickling me with his soft touch as he runs it back and forth, sending waves of heat rushing through me. 

  "Will you guys stop acting all cute, its weirding me out," Zeke whines, picking up a pillow that fell off of his bed and throwing it at my head.

  "See," I shout triumphantly, hitting the pillow away and sending it back in his direction, "you just called a vampire cute, which means that he isn't all that scary!" I excitedly get back into the argument, grateful for a way to distract myself from the man beside me. 

  With a second grunt of disapproval, Damon leans his head back against the wall and closes his eyes, presumably to block us out. He acts as if he hates sitting around with Zeke, but I suspect he is having a good time. After all the craziness of the past few months, its nice just to sit in bed hanging out. 

  "That's not fair," Zeke comments, leaning back into his computer chair, crossing his arms over his chest with a pout.

  "I don't think I'm liking this debate," Damon grumbles under his breath, making me laugh even harder.

  "Your biased anyways," Zeke declares, pointing an accusing finger at me.

  "Me?" I ask, pointing to myself as I glance between the two of them, "How?"

  "Because you can create zombies," Zeke raises his hands in exasperation, "duh!"

  "Well I can't anymore," I point out, thankful once more to be rid of that ability.

  "Do you miss it?" Zeke asks, his voice soft now as he watches me.

  "No," I answer without a moments hesitation.

  "Not even a little?" Zeke pushes.

  I notice Damon peaking at me through lidded eyes, but he remains silent as I consider my answer.

  "Not even a little," I decide.

  "Still think it wouldn't have hurt to keep that book around," Zeke says quietly, as if he knows I am going to yell at him for bringing this up again.