s i x t e e n | s k y e

s i x t e e n | s k y e 

SKYE FEELS HIMSELF returning consciousness with a high pitched ringing in his ears, and something warm trickling down his face

SKYE FEELS HIMSELF returning consciousness with a high pitched ringing in his ears, and something warm trickling down his face. Slowly, he brings his hand up to his head, and groans as a sudden wave of pain hits him.

For a brief moment, he struggles to think past his hazy mind. He can't remember...

Lana pushing him away. The flash of golden light. The sensation of being weightless, then nothing.

He gasps, and bolts upright, as if he'd been zapped with electricity, now feeling fully conscious and aware. His eyes slowly flutter open, and as he tries to look around him, pure radiant light stabs its way into his sensitive eyes, searing a painful shock of brightness into his brain. He grits his teeth together and quickly squeezes his eyes shut, throwing his arms over his face for good measure, and feels immediate relief at the restored darkness.

That's not a good sign.

"Lana?" He calls out tentatively, hoping she's still there. Hoping she didn't do what she was planning on doing, yet knowing the desire is naive.

Pushing past the pain, Skye forces his eyes open and looks around him, the luminosity of the landscape around him fading gently, until the bright shooting pains disappear and he can finally see. He searches around him vainly but all he can see is the same desolation, with him being the only live soul around.

Slowly, he brings his hand up towards his lips, remembering their all too brief kiss before....his hand moves downwards to reveal the dark blood that rain down his forehead.

She really did leave; somehow using powerful magic to do so.

"Damn it, Lana," He groans and quickly pushes himself to his feet, ignoring the vertigo his aching head gives him as he stands shakily. It's not important compared to everything else that's happening. Lana is planning to walk into Vyanna's trap, and the city he's been tasked with protecting is under attack.

He tries taking a deep breath to steady himself, but only ends up feeling more overwhelmed. He needs to find Lana before she meets with Vyanna. Chances are, he's too late already, but he won't let her leave with that Morai. He can't. Not after everything they've been through.

With that, he feels strengthened so he prepares himself for the pain he's about to go through. Then, promising himself to not think about it, he starts to charge through the labyrinth of rock formations. It's all he can do to keep himself from stopping because of the throbbing pain that stabs its way through his skull as the impact from jogging jostles his head around painfully with every step. He can hardly think straight anymore.

Then suddenly, he crashes into a figure who's moving along the same path as him, and he almost loses his balance, the ground becoming dangerously welcoming. Panic and anger take over him, like fire in his veins, and with a yell, survival instincts kick in. Swiftly, he unsheathes the sword that was clasped on his belt, and raises it blindly towards his attacker, ready to fight.