[Chapter Thirty-Seven] Phone Calls

Chapter Thirty-Seven- Phone Calls
Julian's Pov

I looked at the phone for a minute really not knowing what to say.

"He's going to get annoyed if you leave him hanging too long." Robert pointed out and so I picked up the phone and just went with whatever came to mind.

"Hello." I said

"You aren't my sister." Was the first thing the man said

"No I'm a friend of your sister's." I said, I didn't want to drop the boyfriend thing on her. I know he was very protective of her at one time and I didn't know if he still was.

"Why are you calling me?" he asked a little annoyed, at least he would have called back for Bailey, that's something at least.

"Because she's not doing well."

"Detoxing harder than she thought?" he asked sarcastically and I wanted to beat the shit out of this guy right now.

"Actually she handled that well not that you cared to check in and see." I snapped at the guy

"How dare you take that tone with me, who the hell do you think you are?" this is not how I wanted this conversation to go.

"Someone who actually cares about Bailey." I raised my voice.

"She's my fucking twin sister of course I care about her!" he was furious

"Yeah funny way of showing it, she told me the last thing you said to her." I was pissed at this guy all over again.

"Fuck you."

"How fucking dare you say that to her, if you love her oh so much." I accused and I knew this wasn't helping Bailey but it needed to be said, he couldn't get away with the horrible thing he said.

"You know nothing about mine and her relationship?" and I laughed humorlessly

"What relationship, you fucking left her behind not caring to check in on her or come see her and then you pretend to care. I don't know why I called really, maybe so that she could see that someone out there cares about her and loves her but I guess I'm looking in the wrong place." He started yelling and I slammed the phone down

"Julian that wasn't how you should have handled that." Robert looked at me disapproving

"I know but the guy is so fucking infuriating." I yelled

"You need to calm down." He told me and I nodded and closed my eyes and I got to twenty seven when there was a call transferred over. I looked at him and he handed the phone back to me.

I glared at it not giving a damn if the silence annoyed the guy

"What?" I nearly growled out

"How dare you hang up on me!" he yelled again.

"You think pretty fucking highly of yourself don't you?" I asked him

"I'm a busy man, be thankful I'm talking to you right now."

"Yeah, too busy for your own sister."

"It's not my fault I don't live near home anymore!" he said defensive

"When was the last time you saw her before she overdosed?" I asked and there was silence "Exactly."

"I live three thousand miles away, I'm not home."

"Too busy to pick up a phone?"

"No I just don't." he said honestly.

"So you left her behind which gives you no right to yell at me when I'm the one who actually lover her and takes care of her."

"Love, you're just another fucking junkie like my slut of a sister."

"Julian don't respond to that." Robert told me and I was fuming.

"You son of a bitch, Bailey is beautiful and smart and sweet and innocent, she's strong and a fighter and she made a fucking mistake that she's working her ass off to beat but she is not a slut, you know nothing about her so don't you dare call her that or I swear I will fucking track you down the second I get out of here." And I would. This guy needed to get some sense beat into him

"Why so defensive?" he mocked

"Because you aren't and I bet you don't care that she sits there crying at night looking at a picture of you two because you hate her. I bet you don't care that she could have fucking died detoxing because you were too caught up in your own amusement about it. I bet you don't care that she was doing great and made real progress. I bet you don't care that she's still a virgin because she promised her good for fucking nothing brother she would wait until she was married, that same brother who doesn't give a fuck about her and who just calls her a junkie and a slut. And I really bet you don't give a fuck that she had a true friend in here named Lacey who killed herself and that Bailey is absolutely destroyed over it. I bet you don't give a damn if she was found alive or dead that night she over dosed because you are the most worthless fucking person I have ever met." I slammed the phone down and walked out of the office, I can't fucking believe this guy.

I went back to my room and Bailey was sleeping so I climbed into bed with her and held onto her tight and looked down at her beautiful sleeping face.

I would do anything for her. I was completely in love with her. I know it's soon but she meant the world to me and I can't see a future without her in it. I would make sure she was okay, everything was going to be okay.