chapter 7- hurt and comfort in strange places

“Do you want to go somewhere quieter?”  I looked up at the Riddler and nodded, I missed the quietness of my job. We walked into a room which was dimly lit, and was very quiet. I sat down on one of two sofas. The room was filled with a tense atmosphere, as The Riddler sat next to me, this felt like a bad idea now. “Riddler I’d rather try to be sociable then being in this very, quiet and barely populated room.” I got up to leave but the Riddler just got up and blocked the only exit out of the room, once again I was trapped.

Nowhere to go, I heard the click of a lock I say the Riddler piercing green eyes in the darkness this was insanely bad. He started to walk towards me, “you know Ashleigh, I love how you play hard to get. But now no more games.” And then he lunged I ran as fast as possible, to the door. My fingers scrapped the lock it was no use, it was locked with a key, “Ashleigh please stop this game, I know you like me and truthfully I like you to.” He smiled crookedly due to his mouth injury and ran towards me; I made myself fall to the floor as the Riddler ran into the door.

His hands braced him against the door, as I tried to crawl away from him, he grabbed my ankle. Kicked with my other foot, “let me go please!” I screamed this as tears flowed down my face, suddenly there was harsh pounding against the door, and the Riddler was caught off guard. I kicked him with all the force I could muster and kicked his jaw upwards. I ran towards the door, “help me please get me out of here.”

I pressed my ear against the door to hear Jonathan, “where is Ashleigh!” suddenly I was pulled backwards by my ponytail, at this I screamed, “Please stop!” the Riddler smile twisted into a sinister grin, “you’re going to pay for that one.” He twisted me round to face him, then three loud blows rang against the door, I brought up my hands to the Riddler’s face and began to scratch at him, he used another hand to restrain me.

An even louder blow went against the door this time with one creek of the door it fell, and there stood Jonathan. The Riddler chuckled and let go of my hair, I ran up to Jonathan, I had never been so happy to see a villain in my life. He smiled terrifyingly down at me, this was the Scarecrow not Jonathan, he bent down to my ear and whispered, “I’ll make sure you’re safe Ashleigh, please go and stand with two face.” I nodded to the Scarecrow, and ran over to Harvey dent, I looked back and saw the Scarecrow pull on his hessian scarecrow mask, and knock off the lights, in the room which the Riddler was in.

Harvey looked down at me, and covered my ears. The last thing I heard was, “the Doctor is in.” finally Harvey removed his hands from my ears, as Jonathan re-entered the room. “Well he’s defiantly insane.” He pulled off his hessian mask, as a crooked smile lined his lips. He walked towards me, and nodded to Harvey, “sorry about that Ashleigh.” I nodded, he turned to Harvey, “you wouldn’t mind walking Ashleigh to my room, would you Harvey?  I have a problem to fix.” Harvey grinned wickedly, as soon as this happened I knew what the problem was.

“Not at all Jonathan.” two face looked down at me, and gently rested a hand on my shoulder and guided me to Jonathan’s room. I looked back and saw Killer Croc and Joker also entering the room with Jonathan. Even though I knew something bad was going to happen to the Riddler, I felt no guilt or remorse for him, he deserved whatever he got.

Even up in Jonathan’s room I still heard frightening screams coming from the downstairs’ kitchen. Sitting on the bed just made me restless, so I decided to see what was going on no matter how horrific, I opened the door of Jonathan’s room and carefully crept down stairs. As I got closer to the kitchen I heard the voices of those who were dealing with the problem, also known as the Riddler.

I looked round the corner of the kitchen to see, Killer Croc and Joker leaning against the kitchen table along with Harley Quinn and Two Face, each of them were covered in blood. Suddenly I floor board creaked as I shifted my weight forward, the joker looked towards the door, and cheerfully smiled at me, “come in Ashleigh, we don’t bite, except for Croc here.” Killer Croc gave me a gentle smile which didn’t exactly make me nervous.

I walked in, and heard another scream emanating from the room next to the kitchen, Joker sighed and stuck his head round the corner of the door frame and shouted, “can you please just make him shut up, Ashleigh’s down here now and I don’t think she appreciates it, Scarecrow.” I heard foot step come towards the kitchen from the room, which contained the Riddler, then Crane poked his head round the corner, and pulled off his hessian mask.

“Well hello dear.” He had a rather pleasant smile on his face even though he was spattered with blood; he stepped out of the room and wiped his hands on his hessian mask and set it down on the table, he walked over to me and took my face in his hands, his smile softened, “how are you feeling?” he looked into his dark eyes, “I’m a bit bruised and I’ve got some small scratches but nothing serious.”

He smiled, and looked at the tops of my arms, which had thin yellow bruised wrapped around them, “I’m sorry about them Ashleigh I truly am, I can’t exactly control my psychotic side. I nodded, and looked around the room, “where are poison ivy and Catwoman?” Harley came over to me and hugged me, which was slightly out of the blue but I guess I knew why she did it, “they’ve gone home. We all live here,” she gestured to me and everyone else standing in the kitchen, “and they come and go as they please."

Harley then stepped back and allowed Jonathan to wrap an arm round my shoulder, “so what’s going to happen to Riddler?” as soon as I asked that Joker looked like an existed puppy, Jonathan gestured to Joker to answer and he did in a very graphic way, “well Ashleigh, we have all had a go at beating Mr Edward Nashton, into a bloody pulp by breaking almost every bone in his body so much that you can see pieces sticking up out of his skin, so now we’re going to dump him outside of Gotham city police department.”

Harley clapped, as the Joker bowed and leaned back against kitchen table. Jonathan smiled and looked down at me, “were going to get Croc here to drag him through the sewers so no one get caught.” I nodded as a groan came out from the room. Jonathan looked at Killer Croc and they both nodded, croc walked into the room and grabbed the Riddler and dragged him outside into the kitchen his body was mangled and his face was contorted with fear, Jonathan had used his fear toxin, killer croc dragged him down into the basement where a large thud and clap of water meant they had entered the sewer system.  I looked up at Jonathan who moved his arm from shoulders to my waist, and I felt completely comfortable in his arms, as he walked me to his room.