⎡106⎦

The next day, I told the trio, Ginny, Neville, and Luna that I was dating Draco. They were all very hesitant to my decision. Luna, in her dreamy voice, had said,

"Princesses fall for princes and live happily ever after. But how does fate treat the princess who falls for the monstrous dragon? In the end, the dragon will burn her down."

I disagreed and told her that Draco had always been a friend to me for years. To all of them, I said they should just give him a chance. That didn't make them change their decision, but they told me that if he ever hurt me, they would be by my side.

. . .

"You're so bloody gorgeous, darling. Honestly, you could tone it down a bit. You're making me look bad."

I blushed as I looked over at Draco. We were sat by the Black Lake working on our Potions essays while eating some chips (A/N: french fries. Ik they would never say it, so I'm putting it in as an author's note) we stole from the kitchens.

"Draco..."

"No, I'm not joking. You are so smart and beautiful, and I don't understand why you're mi—"

I shut him up with a small kiss on the lips, leaving our foreheads touching. He smiled causing a smile to stretch across my face before he grabbed my face and began kissing me harder. When we finally came up for air, we separated only centimeters apart. Draco's hand which had been gently placed on my cheek moved down to my chin. Using his thumb, he ran his finger over my bottom lip and tugged it down before reattaching our lips, causing our bodies to fall back into the grass.

I ripped away and my voice came out hoarse. "No, we shouldn't."

But Draco ignored me and pulled me back down, causing me to moan a little into his lips as he brought me closer to his body. Slowly, his hand began to make its way up and into my hair, gently tugging.

We pulled away again and I gently rested my head on his chest. HIs hand absentmindedly twisted my hair through his fingers.

"I'm sorry, Love. I'm just trying to make up for lost time," he said looking up at the sky.

I sat up on my elbow. "Can you imagine what it would be like if one thing in our lives didn't happen and everything would be different?"

I admired the way Draco's face held so much age, yet so much youth at the same time. His bone structure was godly, and I could understand why the girls wanted him.

"I'm glad nothing like that ever did happen because then I wouldn't have you," he replied, meeting my eyes.

"Yes, but what if something happened where someone persuaded me to confess my feelings for you during the end of our second year? I was already thirteen, and you were turning it soon. Do you think we would have lasted?"

Draco closed his eyes for a moment, breathing in deeply then releasing a sigh.

"Probably not Hazel. We were both so dumb—well actually not you—me. I would have been such a terrible boyfriend to you then. Part of the reason we are here together is because we've matured into who we are today. Our experiences make our relationship stronger."

I took in his words for a second and looked down at my body. I was wearing his Slytherin sweater, much to his protest but we both knew he thought it was adorable. I loved the sweater. It was slightly too big and smelled of him and his cologne.