27-Not Yet

Rosie's POV

My hands were trembling as I was pacing back and forth in Jonathan's room.

He was sitting on his head with his knees looking down at the floor.

He hasn't said a word since he brought me up here.

I had left the book that my grandma gave me on the table next to his bed.

I haven't read it yet.

Just the sight of that book gives me an odd feeling.

I can't explain the feeling I get every time I look at that book.

It creeps me out.

Even when I saw it at my grandma's house on a shelf it always gave me a weird feeling.

"You got scared." Jonathan pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" My eyebrows creased.

He looked up from the ground and stood up. "I've never seen you so scared before."

"Who wouldn't be? I just saw a girl turn into... some sort of... Tiger Wolf!"

"Tiger wolf?" He raised an eyebrow.

"She was too big to be a wolf and too small to be a tiger so I thought, why am I explaining this to you?" I rambled.

"I don't know know why won't you tell me what that burst of light was?" He changed the subject.

"I don't know why don't you tell me what the hell you are?"

He sighed and looked down at the ground.

"I'm a werewolf." He mumbled but I could barely hear him.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm a werewolf." He looked at me and spoke louder.

"That's impossible. They don't exist. Sure that whole incident made me question everything but not werewolves."

"They are real."

"Are you one?"

He nodded his head. "I am the Alpha. The leader of my own pack, the Stone Moon Pack."

"Ok, this has to be a joke right?" I denied everything he said.

"No. I promise you, it's true. I don't break my promises."

"That's..." I looked down at the ground and back at him. "Incredible."

"What?" He looked surprised by my words.

"You're a werewolf. You're not tied down by the rules of society. You're free. That sounds incredible to me."

"Really?"

"Yes! Although I'm not sure I like the whole pack thing." I tilted my head.

"Why not?"

"Getting told what to do by an alpha, doesn't really work for me. I'd rather live out my life completely free as a wolf. Don't you ever get that feeling?"

"Of course I do. But being alpha means responsibility. I have to protect my pack."

I sat down on his bed and patted the spot next to me.

"Sit down and explain your world to me," I said.

He sat down next to me. "Where do you want me to start."

"Hopefully from the beginning." I joked.

I saw a faint smile play on his face.

"There is this woman. No one knows her real name but she is known as the Moon Goddess. She is the source of our power. If she is strong we are strong. She created werewolves. We've been around since before humans."

"What about a full moon?" I asked.

"You had to pick that one day of the month didn't you?" He joked.

"Yep."

"That one day our powers, emotions, and our senses increase. More than usual. Werewolves are usually moody creatures but the full moon is when it gets harder to control our wolf from doing what they want. It's rare but there are times when the full moon gets too strong and our wolves get complete control for 24 hours. Once those hours are up the human side of a werewolf has no memories of what they did or felt. Only their wolf does. And only the wolf can decide whether or not to tell the human side."

"Your wolf. Does he have a name?" I asked.

He nodded. "Rafel is his name."

"What about senses? You know strength and hearing?" I asked.

"Yes we are stronger than humans and we do have higher senses than humans. Try walking into a bakery with a super nose." He chuckled while tapping his nose.

I let out a small laugh with him.

But there was one thing still on my mind.

I guess I saved the best for last.

"What about mates?"I have heard some stories about werewolves and their mates. The Moon Goddess gives them a partner to spend the rest of their life with."

The idea of mates didn't sit right with me.

I looked at Jonathan and he had seemed to stiffen at the mention of mates.

"Um, no. W-we don't have mates." He answered. "We get to choose who we love."

I shrugged and mumbled. "Must be nice."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What do you mean?"

I sighed. "I guess I should be completely honest. My mom was going to make me marry someone a barely know."

I heard a low growl come from him but I ignored it.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know. She says that my independence is a phase I need to grow out of. And just to prove her point she arranged a marriage with me and some snotty rich guy."

"Any ideas of why she wants you to marry him? I mean out of all people him."

"No." I looked down at my lap. "She's always been controlling me. My whole life. Told me what do, how to do it, what to wear. I always dreamed about my wedding day."

"Who doesn't?"

"Nobody compared to me. I always thought it's fine if my mother came marry divorce and remarry. It's fine if she controls me. But my wedding day is my day. The one day she has no say in. The one day I am going to pick the person that I love the most and spend the rest of my life with. The one person who will love me, for me. Not for what I have or who my mother is."

"You've put a lot of thought into it." He pointed out.

"Of course." I smiled. "That's the one day that nobody can take away from me. The day I will be free of my mother."

"Do you think you are ready to read that book?" He changed the subject.

I turned my body and stared at the book on the side table.

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to read the words in that book yet. I get a weird vibe from it."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes. Something tells me it's not the right time to open up that book yet." I looked at him.

"How do you know?"

"My grandma told me that I'll know when the time is right." I shook my head slowly. "It's not the right time."

I looked back at the book. "Not yet.

********************************

*cough cough* Guys I'm dying!!!!!!!

Ok, that might have been to dramatic.

Basically I'm sick and I feel like I'm slowly dying!!!

I'm just glad I was able to update for you guys.

I hope you enjoyed.

Word count: 1100