Chapter 33

Tatiana

"You're grandfather"

I recalled the many faces we encountered that night because honestly, that night was quite a blur.

"T-that man" I stuttered.

"Yes, Abram Lunanov. The one I introduced to you before we got separated. He's your grandfather" Dimitri explained.

Holy shit. From what I remembered, he was the one with a thick heavy russian accent and the one who stared at my necklace! Wait.

"It wasn't the necklace he was staring at... it was my birthmark" I realized.

"Oh my god. And the name! The name he uttered was my Mother!"

I felt a headache coming as I finally pieced the puzzle pieces together.

"Yes. And also..."

"Also what?"

"He's here" he said.

"Here? Here as in you house here?" I asked.

"Yes here. More specifically outside your door this very moment" Dimitri said as he sent a glare at the door.

And just like that, the door swung open revealing the old man I saw at the ball dressed impeccably in a well tailored suit with a cane on his right hand.

I stared at the man as he cleared his throat.

"I apologize, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I just heard shouting which caught my attention"

I saw Dimitri from the corner of my eye rolling his eyes in disdain muttering what I heard was like 'Eavesdrop my ass'

"I heard that young man"

I suppressed the chuckle that was threatening to come out.

Dimitri stood up not before giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'll let you two talk. I'll come back" he said almost leaning in but a cough prevented him from doing so. He only smiled before going outside the room.

"How are you feeling?" My grandfather asked as he took a seat on the small chair.

"That's the exact same thing Dimitri asked" I said smiling. "Is it a mafia boss thing?"

He laughed at my remark and smiled warmly at me.

"You look just like your mom... and sassy just like her too" he chuckled.

"So I've been told" I said.

"Ah yes, that asshole must have told you" he said solemnly.

"Yes, and that asshole had to be the first one to tell me the truth. Even if I had to face the consequences" I said grimacing at my wounds.

"I told Dimitri to tell you the truth as soon as possible but the stubborn man thought you needed more time."

"I'm starting to think so too... it's just so many to handle all at once" I said.

He just nodded in agreement and silence filled the room once again. He looked so pained that I don't recognize him at all and he, on the other hands knows me all to well.

"Let me introduce myself again. I'm Abram Lunanov, your grandfather" he said as he stretched out a hand.

I stared at the hand laid in front of me but I did what any long lost relative is supposed to do.