Certain about one thing.

A/N:

Pssssst!

Hey! You!

Look at the bottom of your sreen.

See that little star...

Yeah, click on it.

Go on.

You can do it.

...please

---------------------------------

Chapter 30

Kane's P.O.V:

I carefully watched as Simon's eyes locked on mine. His eyes were guarded and his expression was empty, giving me no clue as to what he was thinking. His body was stiff and his muscles were bunched.

He took a deep breath through his nose and his body visibly relaxed. His eyes glazed over for a second before regaining his usual calm look. He nodded to me and then the door.

I glanced over to Ella and saw slight amusement in her eyes. I understood what he was thinking so I stood up and kissed Ella on the forehead. She sniggered under her breath and I shot her a playful glare. I followed Simon through the door.

He closed the door behind him and stood with his arms crossed. He leaned his back against the wall and glared at me suspiciously.

"I don't have to give you the whole 'If you hurt Ella' speech, right?" he asked in a surprisingly calm voice. I shook my head.

"You know I would never do that," I responded immediately. He nodded slowly but the murderous look in his eyes caused chills to run down my back.

"Good." He stood up from his slouched position. "Because if you do-" He walked towards me until he was inches from my face. "I will end you."

I supressed a shiver at his deadly tone, but didn't step away from him. I didnt know he could be this scary.

"Got it," I told him and he took a step back.

"Good. Sorry about that," he told me with a smile. He wasn't a very confronting person. "She doesn't have a parent to give you that speech and someone had to do it. I meant every word though. If you hurt her I will hunt you to the end of the earth if I have to," he told me, but in a much lighter tone. I saw the sadness in his eyes and heard the sympathy he had towards her. It made me feel sorry for him.

The burden the both of them had to carry was heavy. The effect it had on them could be easily seen. They both had bags under their eyes most days. Their shoulders seemed to always be carrying something. Their eyes were cold and guarded when they weren't around the few people they trusted.

"She doesn't trust people. Any people. Her mom was abusive, her dad is currently abusing her. If she decided to trust you, you better feel like the goddamn Chosen one." He put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm happy she found the courage to trust another person again. Don't mess it up," he told me.

"I won't," I promised. He patted my shoulder and walked back to the door. "I have to make a phone call," I told him, holding up my phone. He nodded and headed back in.

"Hello, Mother," I greeted after dialling my mother's number.

"Kenneth Hayden Moalch, you better have one damn good explanation for being out this late!" she shrieked through the phone. I held the phone away from my ear and glanced at the time.