Chapter 12: My Territory

"Hold still," Titus whispered in my ear as he pressed his body closer to mine.

I nodded as my heart pounded. He guided my hands into the water. We leaned forward and slipped them along either side of the salmon.

"Ready?" said Titus as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

My hand flinched and the fish was gone.

"Sorry."

"You'll get it next time." His arms dropped around my waist.

My body shuddered again and I gave him a weak smile.

"Is this too much?"

I shook my head. "I get nervous around you."

"Hmm...." He left me standing there and went to sit on the bank.

"It's not like that," I exclaimed, rubbing my arm.

He shrugged with a smile. "It's fine, Aden."

Walking over to him, I sat on the overhanging bank and pulled my feet out of the water. "I've always felt a little weird around you."

"Aden." He shot me a sideways glance.

"Just listen for a second, alright?"

Titus flopped back onto the grass and put his arm over his eyes.

"See, this is why." I motioned to his exposed chest. "You're half-naked all the time and—" I shook my head.

"And?" He peeked out from under his arm.

I shrugged and picked at the dirt under my fingernails. "You have a nice body."

With a smirk, Titus grabbed me and pinned me to the ground. My hands were pressed firmly against his pecs.

"Titus! I just said this kind of stuff makes me nervous."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "You're allowed to touch."

I swallowed hard as he lifted his body so I could.

"Consider it research." Titus winked at me. "You are trying to decide if you're gay or maybe bi, right?"

I glared at him. "Jackass." I tried to push him off.

Titus didn't move and placed a forearm on either side of my head. "Go on."

"This whole thing is weird," I muttered as my eyes roamed his torso. "We shouldn't be doing this."

"Why not?" He shifted his weight to one arm and brushed a stray piece of hair off my forehead.

"Fine, since you insist then I'll do it."

Taking a deep breath, I ran my hands down his pecs to his abs. My fingers traced the indent of each one. His body was beautiful. Every muscle was so defined, better than even Chris. He clenched his abs, and I felt my face heat up.

Titus gave me that cheesy smile. "Like?"

I shoved him back, and he rolled off.

"Shut up." I sat up and stared at the water.

"Can I have my turn now?"

My mouth dropped open. Titus grinned.

"No." I snatched my jacket that was sitting by my shoes and put it on. "We already know you're gay." I zipped it up and started to put on my shoes. "Besides, I don't want anyone catching us."

Titus groaned and sprawled out across the ground. "Who cares? We'll just say we're friends with benefits."

I pressed my wet foot against his side.