Chapter 6.

"Jerk!" I muttered as Howl disappeared upstairs "how do you even manage to live with him?"

Markl, who had been standing open mouthed, shook his head and replied, "you should know one thing about Master Howl. He hates it when Calcifer is threatened or- either of us."

"Well then," I finally said "I suppose there is a lot getting used to. Calcifer!" I turned to the blue-green flames "Howl is gone now. I will throw water on you if you don't obey and I don't care what the old wizard has to say."

"You are the one lacking manners here," a voice came.

Knowing who it was, I turned my head to see Howl leaning against the stair case.

"You bastard!" I shouted picking up the pan and running towards him.

Immediately Howl went running upstairs like any two year old kid. I grunted and turned to Calcifer. Roughly, I placed the pan on him. But surprisingly he didn't jerked it off.

Howl's POV

Laughing like an idiot, I closed my room door shut. I laughed hard at what had just happened. Wiping my tears, I sat on my grand bed and smiled.

Who exactly is that girl? I wondered. No body has ever made me laugh like that. And that girl- she is different. From all the others I have met and broken hearts of. That girl somehow seems hard to get and she is prettier than them all.

I glanced at the ceiling, shaking off the thought that was coming over me. Break her heart, my inner self urged.

Urgh! If I had ever known what would being heartless be like, I would have never given up my heart. I held my head in my hands.

"You can't help it Howl," I told myself "it is what being heartless means. Breaking hearts is the only thing you can do."

I thought about the mad girl downstairs. (Y/N), her name is. I actually would have found her interesting if she wouldn't have threatened to throw water on Calcifer. Now I'll have to be careful.

"Wait," I said to myself "what was that!"

It suddenly felt like there was a presence. A presence of something magical. I slowly walked out of my room. Yes! The presence felt stronger here. Is there another magical being in the castle, I wondered. Who could it possible me.

I raced my fingers through my hair. (Y/N) I thought, perhaps she could be the one. But no way! Her? Magical? What is she exactly. Looks like any grumpy old witch to me.

"Calcifer must know about this," I told myself as I entered the bathroom "I am never mistaken in telling whether there is something magical around me. Is (Y/N) really some magical being? I need to find out."

I closed the door behind me and went to fill the bathtub.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Markl!" I announced "the breakfast is ready. Please set the table."

"Sure" Markl said running towards the dirty table.

He pushed aside piles of book and placed plates and spoons on the table. He had also placed a few cups for tea.

A soft tapping of feet grabbed my attention. I stared as Howl came downstairs. His hair were wet and he wore a beautiful perfume that filled the room. Quickly, I looked back at the pan on which four bacons and eight eggs cooked.

Something brushed against me that made me freeze in my place. Howl was leaning across me and staring at the pan. His face was close to mine and that made me blush. I could feel the heat of the bath and smell of freshly washed hair.