Chapter 16

I stand at the mirror staring at myself I know have been staring at myself probably for the past one hour but I couldn't help myself I feel helpless imagine someone like me getting married to the town most handsome and richest bachelor apart from him being blind he is still the the most handsome bachelor,so me getting married to him is just like being in a dream wishing for it to come true and now her wish is being fulfilled but it terrified her how is going to view her now that she is getting married are they going to view her as a gold digger or as a wretched woman who is  trying to make her way up the ladder.

because now that she is getting married to the town most handsome and richest bachelor things are going to become harder. and people are going to get meaner, maybe she should think twice before getting married to Adam, no,no she can't do that because if she get married to him,  he is going to help pay off her fathers debt and he is going to help her brother in his Education.  I guess am lucky because not all plain girl like me get married to the town most popular bachelor and she has to accept what faith has given after all there is no saying if anything good will come out of this marriage.  maybe if they are married she can find out what happen to him. that made him blind, and cold towards people one can never tell ,deciding to go down and speak to him she went out of the room heading to his study but she was abut to knock when she heard noise inside,she wonder who was with him when she heard another noise this one louder than the first deciding to know the cause of the noise she went closer to and kept her ear on the door

"I heard you want to get married ".  Who is that , didn't know he had visitor

"yes uncle you heard right am going to get married next week ". Uncle , Adam has an uncle , I thought his parent were dead .

"and to whom may i ask,because when I check last time you were not interested in anything called marriage,  and now you tell me you are getting married next week.

I hope is not some gold digger who is trying to take Advantage of your situation, and running away with your money because if that is so I will hate for my dear nephew to get hurt,  because I remember promising your parents that I will take care of you ". I hate getting label as a gold digger.  We aren't married and this happen , what if we get married .

"After all this while you didn't come to see me,  and when I want to get married you are here asking me questions uncle why is that ".

"well am your only family member remaining and I have the right to be worried about your well being after all you are my nephew". Only family member.  Well you don't need that ,I will soon he his family , I murmur to myself.

"well if you say so uncle after all I need some if my family member at the wedding even if it is only you you are welcome ".

"okay but can I see the woman you want to get married to am curious as to how she look like ". He wants to see. Me standing up so I don't get suspicious, I waited for Adam to call me .

" okay, Sofia come downstairs."  Hearing my name ,being called , i took some time before going in. "she is coming uncle take your refreshments ."

" here I am Adam". I said making my presence known .

"I'm sorry for disturbing you,  my uncle said he wants to see you so i called you here so he can see the face of the person i am going to get married to". Typical Adam not taking things serious.  Facing the man called Adam uncle , he was a tall lanky man , with grey hair.  A mean face , and he was putting on trouser and khaki.  I dislike him at first sight .

" now what do we have here so tell me girl what's your name". Why do you care, nevertheless I replied .

"My name is Sofia Anderson."

" and how old are you ." what is this an interrogation struggling not to roll my eyes at him , I answered the question.

"Am 18 years sir ".

" really you are quite young and what about your mum and dad ". This is getting awkward.

" well they a...re ". Oh God , I think Adam sense my hesitation ,because he save me from his uncle , hands .

" leave it uncle she is already nervous with your present here so you should leave the question for other time ". Thank you Adam , taking a deep breadth ,I was shocked at what came out of his uncle mouth next .

" are you sure she is not a gold digger Adam because she look like a gold digger to me ,you know all those girls that act as if they are innocent but all they want is your money and nothing else ". I gasp out loudly after hearing what Adam uncle said and here I was hoping to make a best appearance in front of his family but I guess not am a fool for thinking that I will fit right into Adam circle because I will never fit its better I accept that sooner or later turning on my heels I left Adam stables.

So here is chapter sixteen guys until next time remember love of vote and comments will be appreciated from you bye