Dancing In The Park.

Dancing In The Park.

Jace's warm hand was clasped around Clary's small cold one as he lead her through an array of trees which were starting to shed their blossom. The transition from Spring to Summer was one of Clary's favourite things in the world and being with Jace made it so much better. 

"Jace, where are we going?" Clary whispered.

"You're very impatient tonight Miss Fray, aren't you?" Jace answered back.

"Well, if you tell me where were going then maybe I wouldn't be as impatient."

"Why do you need to know?" Jace argued.

"Because Jace I'm a short girl in high heels." Clary whined in response. Immediately Jace's hand slipped out of hers and one was on the back of her knees and the other was wrapped around her back. 

"Well now you can't complain." Jace answered carrying Clary further into the trees. Suddenly they walked into an opening covered in cherry blossoms and small lit candles. Clary breath caught in her throat as Jace placed her down softly on her feet. 

"Jace, it's.....it's......it's beautiful." Clary whispered.

"You like it?" Jace asked. Clary turned to face him and nodded. "Good I was worried you wouldn't like it." 

"How could I not? Did you do this all by yourself?" 

"Izzy helped." Jace answered. 

"Well I think it's perfect if you had help or not." Clary smiled and went on her tiptoes. Jace's lips were there to meet hers. After a few seconds their lips parted.

"You're beautiful." Jace whispered his forehead touching hers. Clary felt her cheeks flush red. Suddenly soft quiet music started to play. 

"How is that happening? We're in the middle of Central Park." Clary wondered.

"I got a bit of help from Magnus too," Jace smiled sheepishly and Clary beamed back at him. "Dance with me?"

"I can't dance, Jace."

"I'll teach you." He said moving his hands to her waist and wrapping them around her like she was in a cage. She brought both her arms up around his neck linking them together. Jace spun Clary round and round in circles never taking his eyes off of hers. He tapped his fingers in the small of her back, drumming along to the piano in the piece of music. 

"I love you, Jace." Clary softly whispered.

"And I love you, Clary." Jace replied. Jace's lips were suddenly pressed against Clary's. Clary felt like sparks were flying around them. She opened her eyes and realized there were actual sparks flying around them.

"Jace." Clary said taking her lips off of his. He kept his eyes closed.

"Yes." 

"There's sparks flying around us." Clary whispered.

"I know. Magnus set it up. I was talking about how I feel like sparks fly when I'm with you so he literally made sparks fly."

"I feel the same way." Clary said bringing her lips back up to meet Jace's. They stood there for what seemed like an age kissing each other like it was there last night on earth together. And Clary knew she would never love anyone as much as she loved Jace.