9- Underground

RED POV

“Holly Mother of Hell” Siana said beside me. “Is this what I think it is?”

“If you think this is the entry to the Underground then yes, it is” I said.

The Underground was a city the size of Asia. It was built centuries ago for people to sell and buy secretly from their king who had banned all markets. Over the years, it became the city where criminals lived and where the black market evolved into something bigger. 

We walked to the portal where two bodyguards were located. Both of them were almost seven feet tall and five feet wide. One of them I recognised since he was always here. Right now, he was checking some guy who wanted to enter the Underground.  The other bodyguard was probably in training because he was watching the line.

“Hey Zoren” I said as we got closer to them. The big man looked down at us once he was finished verifying the guy. His dark eyes shined from the light over our heads.

“Twin?” he asked in his deep voice. “Well, it has been a long time”

“Indeed, how are you?”

“I’m doing fine” he said. “Are you coming to see your sister fight?”

“I am” I said

“Who is this beside you?”

“This is my friend. She is with me today” I answered. He nodded and did his usual checkup. He put his hands over my head and slowly brought them down my body but never once touching. His ability was to see through glamour, magic and lies. He was a very good bodyguard because he could tell if people were bringing trouble his way. He proceeded with Siana who was fidgeting nervously beside me. I took her hand in mine once Zoren was done with the checkup.

“Oh, I almost forgot, Cameron’s here and he will be looking for you. And don’t try to hide from him this time. He already knows you’re here” he smiled at me before turning back to the next clients.

“Fuck” I swore.

“Cameron? The Cameron?” Siana said in shock.

“You know him?” I asked her.

 “Of course I know him. He is one of the most respected men in the world. The one who control most of the black market and is the head of the Phenix mafia”

“Yup, that’s him” I said innocently

“I can’t believe this. This is too much. First were going to the Underground city where murderers live and then you tell me we are going to see a powerful head of mafia” she started panicking

“Sy relax. Siana stop” I grabbed her hands and held her still. “Everything is going to be fine. Nobody is going to us tonight. If you want I can send you back home” She shook her head.

“No, I said I wanted to know and I’m going to know.” She took a deep breath and held it before slowly exhaling.

 “Let’s do this” Together we went through the portal.

“Anytime you want to go back, you tell me okay?” she nodded.

“By the way, why did he call you Twin?”

“Here, you never tell your real name. My sister is known as the Blood Kid and I am known as her twin sister. Therefore, I am known as the Twin” I replied.

“Noted” she said

-

There were different parts of the cities. Some neighborhoods were cleaner than others, and some were more dangerous. Some had newer buildings and some still had the old architecture of medieval times. It all depended on the hierarchy of this city. The part of the city that we were in was a more common area. There were different creatures walking down the streets. People were buying and selling things. There were bars, restaurants and clothes stores. This place was more civilised than others because it did not have the major trafficking intersections. Deeper into the city was where the human/creature, weapons and magic trafficking were based. This reminded me of the first time Jamie and came here: