chapter eight

Eugh!. I hate mornings." I Moaned as I slouched in a wooden chair at the table. Jenna hummed in agreement before setting down a steaming cup of coffee in front of me. "I seriously love you." I mumbled around sips.

"Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on up stairs?" Elena demanded as she walked through the kitchen to the coffee machine.

"Uhuh."

"And you have no objections?" She asked.

I sat up straighter in my chair and looked between both Elena and Jenna. "Wait. Whats going on upstairs?" I asked, raising my right eyebrow slightly.

"Vicki was in the bathroom." She explained. I giggled and she shot me a nasty look.

"What?" She just shook her head and walked over to get some cereal. "Have you heard from Stefan?" i quietly asked. Elena Froze. Then turned around to face me and Jenna.

"Not since that message he sent me three days ago. 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something i have to do. I'll. uh, explain in a few days.'"She badly mimicked Stefan, i chuckled.

"Have you called him?" Jenna asked, leaning over the counter towards Elena.

"Nope. Not going to, either." She bluntly replied.

"Why not? You're in a relationship with him, right? Then shouldn't you both be putting effort in." I observed out loud. Elena just sighed heavily, making me wish I'd kept my mouth shut.

"I'm sorry. I shouldnt have said anything." I apologized quickly.

"No. No, it's fine. Surprisingly, you're right." She admitted. "I just...I just feel like he's hiding something, ya know?"

I stood up and walked over to her putting my arm around her shoulder comfortingly. "Everyone's hiding something, Lena. Every single person alive has their own secrets, no matter how big or small, everyone has something to hide." Elena's eyes looked up at me and met mine. She was searching for something inside me. "You just need to give him time." I pulled Elena in for a gentle hug. "Maybe the secret he's hiding isn't his to tell." I whispered in her ea softly. I pulled away and gave a weak smile. I reached over her shoulder to grab my bag.

"I'm off to school. I'll see you guys later." I assured.

"The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. I've got the football team and the band helping, and I would absolutely love it if you guys came." I looked over at Bonnie who shrugged.

"Sure, we're in." She answered.

"Hey, wait. I never said I'll go!" I whined. Caroline chuckled and walked off just as Elena reached us.

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Elena pointed out.

"She's in denial." I responded with Bonnie nodding in agreement with me.

"Hey." A male voice spoke from behind us. I jumped and spun around to come face to face with Stefan.

"Hey." I replied and then turning to Elena and Bonnie. I looked between Elena and Stefan a few times before walking over to Bonnie and linking arms.

"Hey, I, um, you know, forgot to feed...my cow!" I exclaimed loudly. "Yes, my cow. I forgot to feed...it. Lets go Bonnie." I said forcefully pulling along besides me.

When we were safely outside Bonnie skidded to a halt and turned to me. "Cow? Real subtle, Lils." She said smirking at me as i frowned.

"What? I could have a cow... Granted, I don't. But i could have one if i wanted." I grumbled.

"I missed this. I forgot how much fun you were." I said to Bonnie as she parked outside my house.

"I missed it too." She replied smiling at me. I reached across and pulled her in to a tight hug.