chapter twenty two

Lillie." a  bone chilling English voice whispered from around me. I couldn't see where it came from, all my eyes could pick up was the blistering darkness that covered everything, myself included. "Lillie." it said again, sounding closer than earlier. i could feel my heart rate increase as fear slowly crept into my body, my fingers out-stretched reaching for anything that i could. But i could feel nothing, my fingers slipped through the air almost tauntingly.

"I can see you, Lillie." A shiver slithered up my spine as the voice grew nearer. "I can see you, love, but you cant see me. There no where you can hide, nowhere i wont find you." My breath caught in my throat and i tensed as the strangers breath fanned across my neck cheeks. The presences on he unknown man standing in front of me had me frightened. My ragged breathing increased with the panic that surged inside me. Every instinct in my body was screaming at me to run...But where? I had no where to go, i didn't even know where i was

A cold lone tear slid silently down over my left cheek, i went to wipe it away but froze as something warm and soft wiped for me. "Shhhhh, Lillie." The voice cooed gently. The strangers hand continued to lightly caress my cheek and he continued to coo soothing words. I was confused, just a moment ago the man was taunting me and now he's comforting me? I didn't have time to voice my question before he spoke.

"I need you to do something for me." As he spoke his hand stilled on my left cheek as his other hand cupped the right. His grip was tight and demanding as he angled my face how he needed it. I was facing forwards, looking at nothing but black open space but knew he was somehow there. I closed my eyes tightly wishing to be anywhere but here. I took a deep calming breath, held it for a few seconds before releasing it, and i repeated it a few more times. I could feel myself starting to feel calmer and was slowly gaining the courage to open my eyes.

'Okay, Lillie, after three, you're gonna open your eyes and you'll be home.'  I thought to myself.

I took a deep breath...One.

I released it ..Two.

I clenched my eyes tightly...Thre- Golden light greeted me as my eyes fluttered open, a soft gasp escaped my mouth as it blinded me. I blinked repeatedly as i tried to adjust to the burning light. In front of me a large shape started to form. First it was just a blob, then it quickly changed to that of a man. I knew then that i hadn't left, i was still here with this stranger, only now i was going to be able to see him.

I watched as my eyes adjusted and the detail started to grow. I could now make out the slightly blondish short wavy hair, the definite defined muscles that occupied his arms. He was kneeled in front of me, hands still cupping my cheeks tenderly. His blue eyes gazing wondrously into my own. I didn't recognize him at all, nothing with my being knew this man...so how did he know me?

I looked away from his hypnotizing here to the place surrounding us...The woods? Beautiful tall trees stood strong around us, the orange of the leaves just adding to the glow from the sun shimmering down on us.

I gulped before bring my eyes back to the blue ones still watching me carefully.

"W-ha-" I stopped mid sentence and cleared my throat, before trying again. "What do you want from me?" My voice rose a few notes towards the end but he ignored it and smiled at me. His red lips stretched into a full smile, dimples being displayed as well. Something about his smile chilled me. It sent cold shudders down my spine. He had a beautiful smile but something about it was deadly.

"It's not what i want you to do, its what i need you to do , love." His smiled disappeared and he looked ready for business. "I need you to find something for me. A moonstone. A white pebble-like object that is VERY important. Do you understand?" His eyes narrowed when i didn't respond. "Do You Understand?" I nodded rapidly and he sighed. "Good."

I didn't know what to do now. He still had a tight grip of my face and he continued to stare at me. I shuddered from the cold and his hands tighten the smallest bit. My heart began to pump fast again and the man cocked his head to the side as if listening to it. That's when it clicked in my brain...HE was. He could hear my heart pumping. That thought alone forced my heart to pound louder and faster and i watched as a sinister smirk found it was upon the young mans features. His gaze slid over my facial features down to my neck, he watched as my pulse jumped around frantically. And then i knew...Vampire. This young man was a creature of the night who craved the warm red liquid that flowed freely around around my veins. I panicked. I pushed myself out of his grip and was surprised i was able to get out. and then ran. I had no idea where i was or even where i was going just that i needed to get out of here as fast as i could. So i sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me away from him.

I hadn't gotten very far before my body was forced to the leave covered ground. I looked up terrified to see the blond haired, blue eyes man standing above me his face that of a demon. Red eyes, elongated fangs, the dark pulsing veins wriggling under his eyes, i knew what this meant for me, but it didn't stop me from being anymore afraid.

He stepped closer and a sobbed escaped me. His smirk intensified. "Shh, don't be scared, Lillie." The was he said my name sent cold shivers along my spine. The old saying, 'Someone just walked over my grave' flashed thought my mind.

I looked around frantically for an escape root but there was nothing. This was it.

"I can't wait to get a taste of you." With that said he lunged. I just had time to scream as loud as i could before he was already on me. 

I jolted awake screaming at the top of  my lungs, as i frantically looked around my bedroom. I didn't have more than two seconds before thudding footsteps were racing up the stairs towards me. I knew it was coming but when my bedroom door swung open another ear-piercing scream escaped my throat. I could feel myself shaking as i sat their and before i knew it was was pulled into a soothing hug. I relaxed into the person's embrace before releasing all of my terror tears.