chapter twenty four

I'm Sorry

Damon's words repeated themselves over and over again in my head for the second day in a row.

I truly never meant to hurt you

I couldn't stop thinking about them or the way he looked at me. His eyes seemed to stare straight into my soul as he spoke the words i never thought i would hear from Damon Salvatore. He spoke them with so much meaning, just with one look into his icy-blue eyes i could see his pain...I could feel it.

He was suffering and no one was there to help him. I believe that he never meant to hurt me the other day...And i forgive him.

I rolled out of bed and stretched, my arms straight up above my head and my back arched. The familiar popping of my back sounded and i sighed.  My arms fell heavily to my sides and i made my way to Elena's bedroom.

Once there the door was slightly ajar, so i pushed it open a bit further and lent against the door-frame, arms crossed over my chest. 

"I know, but there's another vampire in town. So until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful." Stefan said as he looked at Elena where she laid beside him.

"Maybe he's friendly" i added from the door, both heads turned towards me.

"I don't think so."Elena said shaking her head from side to side. "He didn't look very friendly when he was standing in the road."

I just shrugged and then glared at her. "Next time you decide to take a road trip with Damon tell me or someone! Stefan was freaking out and so was Bonnie. And they didn't even tell me until Damon phoned saying you were on your way back."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know until i woke up in Damon's car. Trust me i wouldn't have gone willingly."

It's okay, i guess I forgive you. But never again!" I said staring at her pointedly.

Elena smiled and nodded. "Of course."

Then i turned my attention to the smiling Stefan. "You're stayin' now, right?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah I'm staying."

"-"

"Lillie! Elena! I need the money." Jeremy shouted up to us. I gave Stefan an apologetic smile and turned to Elena. 

"I've got it. Don't worry." I walked out the door. "I'm coming Jer."

As i walked down the stairs i started counting out my money. The pizza guy standing at the bottom waiting patiently. He looked familar but i couldn't place. I got to the bottom and cleared my throat, the pizza guy turned around. I gave him a smile and he seemed to freeze. I cocked my head to the side and watched him. I handed over the money.

"Hi. Um,  keep the change."

"Thanks. Have a good night." The voice was extremely familiar. IT was on the tip of my tongue. I lead him to the door and just as i was about to close it the name rolled of my tongue.

"Noah!" i called out after him. HE froze mid-stride and turned to me and giant smile lighting up his face.

"Lillie." He whispered. And immediately he closed the distance and wrapped me in a hug.