chapter twenty five

My arms wrapped themselves around his waist tightly, pulling him tightly to me. His arms wound around my smaller body and held me, his head placed lightly on top of mine.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled into his chest.

His arms tighten slightly and sighed. "Nothing really, just working. Got a new job," He pulled out of the hug and gestured over to the pizza bag. "I'm the new pizza guy."

I looked at him. My eyes watching him as he shuffled under my gaze. I cocked my head to the side. "What are you not telling me?"

He shrugged. "Nothing."

"I wonder why I don't believe you." I replied sarcastically.

He smirked down at me. "You never believe anything I say."

"Well, you're not very believable."

Noah chuckled and pushed my shoulder jokingly. "Very true, Lils."

I frowned a bit and looked at him. "Seriously, Noah, what are you doing here?"

He glanced down at me for a moment before a small frown made it's way upon his features and he looked away, eyes skimming over the street. "I've gotta go." He took a few steps backwards, away from me. "See ya around."

He turned on his heels and walked away, down the side-walk, not once glancing back at me. What are you up to, Noah?"

"Lillie, come on, Mr Saltzman wants to see us." Jeremy said as he walked up to me, in the school corridor.

My shoulder sagged as I thought about the awful grade Jer and I were about to receive because of my lack of input.

I turned to him. "Can't you just go?"

He shook his head and grabbed a hold of my sleeve. "Nope, it's your paper as well." He tugged my down the hallway towards history.

I struggled slightly in his hold. "But I didn't really do anything."

Jeremy paused outside the door and turned to me, a grin on his face. "Sure you did. You put your name on it, didn't ya?"

I narrowed my eyes and he laughed. "Lighten up, Lillie, it's fine. He wont even notice."

With that said, Jeremy pushed open the door and i reluctantly followed behind, arm crossed over my chest.

Mr Saltzman handed Jeremy our report with a smile. Well, that has to be a good sigh. I peered over Jeremy's shoulder and my eyes were attracted to the bright red 'A' placed neatly in the corner. A smile crawled on my lips and I nudged Jeremy, who nudged me back.

"Surprised? It's a good essay." Alaric said, as he moved around the class room and lent against his desk, facing us both. "Your thoughts are clear, and your arguments are well laid out. Although, with the way your two have written this, I have to ask," He paused briefly. "You don't actually think that there are Vampires in Mystic Falls, right?"

A chuckle passed through my lips before i could stop it. My eyes widened and i quickly covered my mouth. Alaric and Jeremy both looked at me, questioning looks being thrown at me. I pursed me lips and shrugged. "Pfft, of course not."

Jeremy nodded along with me. "Nah, I mean, I think statistically there have been more animal attacks, Mysterious deaths and people gone missing, more than any other place in the whole commonwealth of Virginia."

Alaric nodded in agreement although there was something is his still posture that didn't sit right. Did he know?Was he involved? Is he a Vampire?