Chapter 16: Decisions.

As Zya pulled into the almost empty parking lot, she could feel her stomach bubbling. She could feel the anxiety creeping up the back of her neck. She really didn't want to go in, but it was necessary. One thing she was growing tired of, was people telling her how young she was. Like, you ain't old enough to do this or do that. She felt like a woman, so she knew she needed to act accordingly. The wind was crisp as she made her way to the entrance and strutted toward the front desk.
"Hello officer, Im looking for my fiancé, Mr. Brian Knight..." she said sweetly to the officer manning a computer.
"Birth date?"
"May 17, 1975"
"Your name?"
"Zya Colbend-Knight"
"Go to that door there, enter and have a seat at booth 7." The officer said, pointing toward the door. Zya obliged and walked toward the booth. Jail was weird, she'd never been and she had no idea what to expect. She sat at the booth for 3 minutes before PK emerged. Her eyes watered, as he locked eyes with her.
"Baby. I miss you so much, how are you?" Zya cried.
"I miss you too love, I'm fine, how are you?"
"I'm a wreck! Mu is on his way"
"Good. I'll be out by the end of the night. And you know what up when I do."
She wiped her eyes and laughed a bit. She knew his response meant a few things. She knew Baltimore would never see him again once he got out.
"I knew something wasn't right baby. And you know ya mans think ahead. I left something for you at the Front Desk of the hotel. Give it to Mu. He gone tell you what to do from there. I need you to be big mama till I slide out tonight baby." PK said, staring straight into her eyes.
"Anything baby. I just need you with me, this is fuckin me up, but I know I gotta show you. I gotta show you I can be the boss bitch you need me to be" Zya said, so serious, staring into his eyes.
"I know Ma, but I promise, I'll be home tonight. Go and get something sexy, cuz when I step out these doors imma be all over you" he said, laughing. Just then, Zya's phone rang.
"Its Mu." She said.
"Get it. I love you Zya. I'll see you later."

Zya skipped out of the meeting room, on cloud nine.
"What's up Damu?" Zya said, sinking into the soft leather seats.
"Sup Queen...You saw bro?" He asked.
"Yes. I need you to meet me at the plaza tho, I have something for you, from him." She said, easing out of the jails parking lot.
"Cool, I'll meet you there."
Call ended.

48 minutes later.....
The valet assisted her out of the Benz and took her keys.
"Hello, I'm staying in room 2756 and I was informed that there is a package for me..." Zya said sweetly to the front desk agent.
"Yes. Here you are Mrs.Knight. is there anything else I can assist you with?" She replied.
Zya declined and headed for the elevator. Damu was waiting at the door. She let him in and they sat at the table to discuss PK & the package.
"He got a 5000 bond, I got that, and imma go pay it. But he need you to complete this transaction. I know you might be nervous, but I hooked it up to where you'll be meetin his woman at the mall. She'll give you $180,000 cash, and you'll give her the contents of this box. PK smart, he knew the middle man was on some bullshit, which is why he left the weight. Once you exchange, don't count, don't spend, grab a hot dog from a stand, and eat it on the way out the mall. Meet me back here in an hour." Mu explained, slowly to ensure she understood. She wanted to show PK , as well as his boys, that SHE was worthy of being the Queen of the Empire. At 18 years old, Zya was being crowned the heir to a throne. Damu packed her purse with the weight and left her to it. She showered and changed into a modest pair of jeans, black casual sandals and a polo T-shirt. She made her way to the mall, blending in with the heavy New York traffic. Windows down, blasting Cardi B's new album. She pulled into the mall and headed to the spot she & Theresa were supposed to meet. She sat down at the small playground area and sat the purse next to her. She busied herself in her phone, trying to look as normal as possible. She sat scrolling Facebook for about 5 minutes.
"What's up Z?!"
This lady was NOT what she was expecting. She was 5'6 300lbs dressed in a pair of baggy jeans, a bright orange tunic and a identical black bag.
"Heeeyyy Resa! What's up boo?!" They sat down and made small talk for another 5 minutes. They then decided to head to the restroom. Once inside, they made sure the coast was clear and entered separate stalls. As they used the facilities, they quickly exchanged bags. The ladies finished, cleaned up and headed for the food court. Zya bought their hot dogs, they ate and went their separate ways. Zya blended back into traffic and called Damu.
"Done." She said.
"Fasho. Link up" he ended the call. She rode back, singing old Mary j blige songs enjoying the breeze.

20 Minutes Later...
As she approached her room, she noticed the door was slightly open. Her heart raced as she stepped inside.
"Mu..." She called as she crept around the corner.
"Its me baby....."
Zya dropped the bag and ran to her man. He scooped her up and held her tight. They kissed as she quietly told him how much she loved and missed him. Once they were reacquainted, he got straight to business.
"My baby held me down?" He asked eyeing the bag on the floor.
"Yes I did baby. You know I did" she picked it up and brought it to where he was sitting. He emptied the purse out on the coffee table and smiled. He grabbed her face and kissed her deeply. He was impressed. Impressed with how smoothly she pulled things off. The couple decided to spend another night, and leave New York tomorrow, on Zya's birthday.

The next morning.....
A soft knock on the door awoke Zya. When she focused her eyes, a butler was pushing a cart full of breakfast items into the room. He brought a bottle of champagne and a liter of orange juice.
"Breakfast, ma'am. From Mr. Knight." He said, dismissing himself. She looked around. She almost forgot she was in New York. The sunshine lit the room, making her skin slightly warm against the cool expensive sheets. She turned over, grabbed her phone from the nightstand and opened her messages.
"Happy Birthday Z!! I love youuu" From Lexi.
"Happy Birthday Boss Lady! Have fun & get pregnant!" From Que.
The last message meant the most.
"Good morning baby & Happy Birthday. I'm sure u got the breakfast by na, an I want u 2 enjoy , but when you done, get fly & meet me at the bar in 2 hours. Oh, I left you a outfit n I took the rest of your stuff with me. I got plans for you..."