20

Frost's p.o.v
*************

Chapter Twenty: My hero!

Creak...

Creeeak.....

I stop rolling around on my floor and listen. I hear the sound of creaking as someone walks up the steps.

Mom, dad, and Nailia left earlier to go get some baby stuff. I stayed home to 'guard' the house.

Aka, acting weird.

The creaking stops and it becomes silent. With my heart hammering in my chest, I slowly get up and grab my water bottle. I begin walking toward my door, tightly holding the bottle.

I struggle to find the light switch, and my heart beats faster.

Aw man. If I can't find the light, that means I'll never see who killed me. They could lop my head off and snatch my body, and I wouldn't know who did it.

Wait I would be dead already though...

The door swings open and I let out my loudest scream. I chuck the bottle at the culprit and move to grab something else. I snatch the scissors off of my desk. I turn around to strike but get it knocked out of my hand.

"Hey what the-" I'm cut off by being tackled to the ground.

"Get off of me!" I scream as I try pushing the person off of me. Whoever is it, grunts as I punch them in the chest.

I should probably take fighting classes.

"Matthews stop it's me!"

I stop punching them and squint my eyes. Through the darkness, I see a very familiar nose. "Don't I know you?" I ask, shoving the person off. I hear a heavy sigh before the lights flicker on. I see Nova standing by the light switch, with my water bottle in his hands. "Nova? What are you doing in here?" I suddenly gasp, grabbing a pillow to protect my face.

I knew it. He's here to lop off my head and snatch my body. He's the body snatcher...

"Are you here to kill me?"

"No Matthews, I'm not here to... kill you.." he replies as he sits down on the floor. "Are your fists made of metal or something?" I shake my head and put on a playful smile.

"What did you come in here for? It's like, four in the afternoon. Don't you have something to do?" I ask. He nervously rubs the back of his neck.

"I uh, well Rose is throwing a congratulation party thing and invited me, and Cole," he explains, and I gasp dramatically.

"So you came here to rub it in my face! I mean, just because Rose still doesn't like me, doesn't mean you can come rub it in my face that you got invited to her party!"

Who is this guy? I mean, if Manon got invited, she wouldn't rub it in. Actually, she'd invite me, and then I would tease her for being a wuss.

He immediately walks over, repeatedly saying no. "No, I don't mean that! I came to ask if you-"

"Is Manon invited?"

"Well yes but that's why-"

"Oh, I get it. Fine, I'll just stay home and cry myself to sleep, thinking about the party I wasn't invited to. After all, I'm just a big fat loser." I cross my arms and stand up, walking to the door.

"Matthews will you just-"

"Make yourself useful, climb out the window and go home," I say as I begin trotting downstairs.