The Room's Spinning

Can down Ana. Maybe it's not what it looks like. Who am I kidding? I blink my tears away and take a breath. It's fine.

I gasp as I feel a hand on my shoulder. My eyes meet Grayson's. "You scared me."

"Why are you standing out here?" Grayson questioned.

I shrug casually. "I didn't want to go in without you." Let's just see if Grayson knows this blonde girl. Grayson opens the door and just stands there.

"Ainsley?"

There it is. That name. Great. Grayson walks in and I walk in behind him. Alex seemed surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here Ana?" Alex questioned.

I relaxed my face before I spoke. "Grayson asked me to come with him."

"What are you doing with her Alex?" Grayson questioned in a slightly annoyed tone.

I mentally thanked Grayson for asking the question I dreaded to ask myself.

"I can explain," Alex stated.

"Go ahead."

"Our engagement is staged."

Ouch. Those words seemed too sharp. It kind of saddened me to hear it, especially from Alex.

Grayson looked over at me. "Is this true?"

I nod.

"How long have you been seeing Ainsley Alex?" Grayson asked with a tightened jaw.

"We reconnected two weeks ago."

Two weeks ago. I'm so stupid to think what he said was real.

"Did you know about this Ana?" Grayson to to me.

I met Alex's eyes. They were cold and hard, nothing like the ones that make my heart flutter. If Alex could turn his feelings off just like that, so could I. Actually I might even be better at doing that than him. "Yes, I did know." Alex seemed surprised that I had lied.

Grayson spoke again. "So there's nothing between you two. No feelings at all?"

I looked at Alex dead in the eye. "None." Alex suddenly looked away. I looked at Ainsley's face. She really was very beautiful. She looked good with Alex as much as I hate to admit it. They would be a perfect power couple everyone loved.

I watched as Ainsley got up and walked towards me with a huge smile. "Hi I'm Ainsley."

I force out the biggest smile I could manage. "Hi I'm Ana."

"Alex please explain to me this whole situation here."

"Wanna go get a coffee Ana while they talk?" Ainsley offered.

"Sure," I say quickly. I had no intention of being in the same room as Alex for another second.

I follow Ainsley out of the room. I had nothing to say to her. I could only think about how real this situation was. Is he going to call this engagement off and marry Ainsley instead?

"So how'd you and Alex meet?" Ainsley asked.

"I applied to be his P.A."