10.

"See Darcy, this is why we don't come to the ball thirteen years early" Alexandrina huffed as she leaned against a wall, "No one's bloody here!"

"Merlin Alex, you actually have to go down the stairs"

"But everyone will see us!" Alexandrina whined, but nevertheless followed Darcy as they began to make their way towards the stairs."You're going first, so they all look at you"

"You're mental"

Alexandrina was right when she said Darcy would grab everyone's attention in the dress she was wearing. Alexandrina watched them all look at her from the top of the stairs, before realizing she to had to go down.

Step by step she made her way down, her dress clutched in her right hand, and the other out and prepared for if she fell. She kept her gaze on her feet, nervous about tripping and making an absolute fool of herself.

Alexandrina was completely oblivious to the stares and the looks she was receiving from those watching her walk down. She looked up when she reached the bottom, and saw Darcy standing with Harry and Ron Weasley, both looking starstruck.

"Harry! You look so handsome!" Alexandrina went up to him and smiled before looking at Ron, "Ron you look um, fantastic as well" He wore very old colorful dress robes, and from the way they sagged on his body, she knew they didn't want to be on him just as much as he didn't want them.

Ron made a noise in reply, and Harry gave him a strange look, "You look b-beautiful Alex!" Harry complimented back, and Alexandrina only grinned wider as his cheeks bloomed red.

Everyone around them grew confused and curious. One reason being the fact that Harry Potter managed to take someone like Alexandrina Reddins the quiet and strange Slytherin, and the other being the fact that a Gryffindor was standing next to a Slytherin and they weren't fighting.

"Alex! I see Matthew over there! I'll see you inside?" Darcy spoke up, getting ready to head over to her date.

"Okay! I'll see you inside then" Alexandrina waved goodbye to her before turning back around to the boys to chat. But Professor McGonagal was already there talking to Harry.

"Oh hello Professor, you look lovely!"

Professor McGonnagal couldn't help but smile back, "Thank you Miss. Reddins you look absolutely beautiful, but we have no time to dilly dally or Harry's going to be late and you two need to walk in!" She clapped her hands together and started walking, the two students following her.

"Walk into where?" Alexandrina asked Harry, following the professor.

"She told me all the champions and their dates walk into the ballroom and lead the first dance" Harry spoke quickly as he rushed to keep up to both the ladies' long strides.

Alexandrina felt her heart quicken, not out of fear but at the thought of so many people's eyes looking and judging her. No matter how confident Alexandrina tried to be, nerves always got the best of her.