Chapter 1

Loki and his opponent's weapons clashed together as they fought in the arena. The raven-haired man dodged a second attack from his opponent's second set of arms. Loki stabbed the Ogdenegr in the throat, ending the fight all together. Bodies lay scattered around the arena. The Grandmaster would be pleased with his work. The crowd was in a frenzy of celebration of the new Grand Champion. Loki took his helmet off and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair as Attendants came to take him back to his weapon chambers.

The God of Mischief was handed alcoholic drinks and beaded leis as he made his way through the people. He placed his daggers on a rack, took off is battle attire, and turned to see Valkyrie entering his weaponry vault. "Need someone to walk with, Champion?" She questioned with a smirk.

"As long as you go scrapping later," Loki replied, tossing his helmet to her. "You should pick up better combatants, or I might have to start attacking the guards," he took a swig of a neon blue drink.

"I have to pick up whatever lands in the scrap yard," she replied, joining him on his walk. "Do you mind if I steal some booze later?" She asked casually.

"I thought you were past that," he sounded surprised, rounding the corner into his brightly colored room.

"Well, you thought wrong, Champ," Valkyrie let out an airy laugh.

"Do not call me that," Loki stated.

"Oh common, Champion! What are you going to do, kill me like one of those gladiators?"

The raven-haired man turned to her abruptly. "I might have to if you do not get to scrapping," he smirked playfully. "You can come by later, I do not get much company."

"Yea, whatever, Prince," she muttered, shoving his helmet into his hands and then leaving.

Loki sighed as he placed the drinks on a nearby table and took off the leis. He then sat his horned helmet down on the table beside the gifts. The God of Mischief went to the large restroom provided with the bedroom. He glanced at himself in the mirror. His black hair had been cut to his chin and it was slicked back in it's normal place. The two dark green lines of paint across his right eye were slightly smeared from rubbing off sweat. He looked tired and worn out.

Loki always looked worn out since the Grandmaster turned him into a gladiator. He fought three times a day, but never got the proper rest and recovery needed. He knew scars lined his back from where he made mistakes in the arena. Loki wanted to leave, but he didn't want to leave Valkyrie behind. He couldn't leave her, for she is the only one who does not see him as others do.

He stripped himself of his bloodied clothes, though they weren't covered in his blood. Loki's pale muscular frame was covered in bruises, cuts, and scars. He stepped into the shower and stood for several minutes with the water running on cold. The raven-haired man toweled off afterwards and dressed in an identical set of clothes. He grabbed an odd Sakaarian fruit and settled down by the window to watch the scrap yards.

The green fruit was supposed to taste sweet, but it only tasted dull to the God of Mischief. He was not allowed to glory of before. He did not get to watch the show, for he was the show. Even with the traditional bright colors of Sakaar, the world seemed gray to him. He might be the Grand Champion, but he was not allowed to go to the after parties.

Instead, Loki ate and slept in between the battles. When he slept, he dreamed of when he was a child learning magic with Frigga. He had not practiced his magic since he had become a 'prisoner with a purpose,' as Grandmaster had put it when he first arrived on Sakaar. Loki tossed the fruit core into a disposal bin and hopped into bed.

The next morning, he was awakened as bright beam of light cast across his face, warming his sensitive Jotun skin. Loki sat up in his overly sized bed. No one had come to wake him for this morning's battle, which was odd. "Good morning, Grand One!" Valkyrie exclaimed as she entered his living complex with two Attendants.

"I-I thought there was to be another battle in the arena this morning," Loki slurred with sleep.

"There is to be one at midday," she replied briefly, picking up a bottle of alcohol. "I convinced the Grandmaster to let you sleep in."

"How thoughtful of you, Booze Head," he teased as he slid out of his overly sized bed. "Is there a beast to be slain?"

"Yes. We need to get you dressed and ready," she said, changing the subject. "I did go out last night and found you several more throats to slit."

Both of the Attendants ushered him to his personal weapons vault to strap him into his armor. One of the Attendants painted his signature green lines across his right eye, while the other placed his helmet upon his head. Loki picked up his daggers, then he was shoved into the arena.

The crowd went wild as they saw the Grand Champion. Green chalk cannons exploded over the coliseum. A Bilgesnipe burst out from a separate containment unit as all the other prisoners. The large, horned creature snarled as it dug it's curled claws into the dirt. Little did the beast know, was that it would become dinner once it was slain. Bilgesnipe are dreadful creatures, a nuisance, and a terror. They are quite hard to take on single handedly.

Loki smirked at the newfound challenge and rushed forward to attack the beast. The creature charged the raven-haired man, letting out a bellow as it did so. The God of Mischief slid between the Bilgesnipe's legs and leapt upon it from behind. The beast began to attempt at shaking him off. Loki grabbed the scruff of the animal to hold on as best as he could. Suddenly, the beast stopped abruptly, throwing Loki over it's head and the crowd gasped.

His breath was knocked out of him as he hit the ground. Loki glanced up to see that the Bilgesnipe had began to pace around the arena, but it kept it's beady black eyes trained on the raven-haired man. Loki stood, gripping his shoulder with the opposite hand. He knew that if he didn't finish the beast off, despite his injury, he would have to face another being and not get the proper rest.

Loki picked his daggers up from the dirt and gave them a twirl. The God of Mischief charged the Bilgesnipe, ending it all quickly. The audience erupted into cheers and the green chalk cannons went off once more. The creature lay in a heap of fur and horns. Attendants came to harvest the beast's meat and two of them approached Loki. "Grandmaster invites you to have dinner with him, the Scrappers, and guests," the shorter one spoke. "Grandmaster believes you should be rewarded with dinner and a woman."

"I accept," Loki replied, sheathing his daggers.

"You must go clean up before we can escort you to the dining room," the taller one added.

Loki obliged and went to his room to redress in his formal attire.

~Chapter End~

Thank you for reading! Please share this story with fellow fans. I hope this is something new. Please smash the vote button!

Chapter by H