Chapter 25: The experiment.

After that, the day went casually. Nicolas had a few meetings throughout the day and Seven occasionally went with him, but nothing out of place happened. Time went by and the next thing they knew was that the sun had gone down and work was over.

Nick had reminded his assistant of their 'special occasion' the moment the clock hit 10 pm. After that, Nick drove the PA to the location, but still, nothing was said. Mostly because Seven had fallen asleep and Nicolas was on the phone most of the time talking to other CEOs.

The point came when the two were at the front door of the restaurant, and it looked excellent. The outside of the building was clean with green bushes lined along the path of the cement to the door. Bright lights were hanging from the ceiling that shined the door's design, revealing its swirls and gold-like material.

"Wow. This must be a 'really' special occasion if you're bringing me to a rich place like this." Seven commented as he stepped towards the entrance, looking up. Nicolas grinned, opening the door, "WebBaze is a special company anyway, right?"

Walking in, Seven's breath was taken away. He was left speechless at that. It was a two-story restaurant with the imperial staircase at the very front of the door. The wooden floor of the restaurant gave the scene a bit of a casual feeling, but the greyish marble wall contradicted that tone, giving it a feel that the two were about to eat at the richest place ever.

Seven kept his eyes on the place, seeing the little sculptures that were set at different spots.

Nicolas eyed him for a moment, the corner of his lips curving into a tiny smile as the waiter strolled towards them, "Evening, Mr. Anderson. We have your table right this way." Nicolas nodded at the man who was a few years younger than him. Nicolas and Seven followed him, being led to the left side of the staircase.

The place was empty of customers as the two entered the actual dining area. The pianist that played near the bar moved her hands so casually and slowly, putting out the silence and replacing it with soft, slow music. The lights were dimmed in the dining area with tables that were empty except for the one the waiter escorted the two to. The brown square table had a candle in the middle with utensils straightened out. Aside from the pianist, a couple of waiters and waitresses stood against the marble wall, their hands to their backs as if they were at the military, standing quiet and eyeing whatever was in front of them.

"I know it's 10 at night, but isn't it a bit unusual that we're the only ones eating in this place right now?" Seven asked.

Nicolas pulled out the white Yaheetech dining chair, stepping aside for Seven to sit down. However, the PA didn't even bother glancing at the chair that was pulled out and continued to walk to the other side of the table. Nicolas frowned, dropping his shoulders as he sat down with Seven.

"I booked the place," Nicolas responded, setting his cheek on his cold palm. Seven finally shared eye contact with the CEO who sat in front of him, "The entire place? Are you insane?"

Nicolas grew a smirk at the reaction of the PA, "What? You don't think you can work off the price?"

"Ha! I think you're insane, Mr. Anderson." Seven peered down at the menu in front of him, "I'll probably be old by the time I work off this price, boss."

Nicolas kept his sights on the assistant. One could even think that it looked like the CEO was eyeing a beautiful piece of art. His attention was directed down to the assistant, seeing him in his normal office outfit which consisted of a white dress shirt and a black blazer. Serene's green eyes were darker than usual due to the lightning, but as he stared down at the menu, the candle in the middle of the table was able to light them up.