Chapter sixty eight

Adriana's POV

All though the windows were covered with curtains, the sunlight still seemed to find its way through. My eyes flicker open to an unfamiliar surrounding and instantly, a small smile spread across my face when I remembered that I married the man of my dreams yesterday.

I still couldn't believe it.

A small smile was replaced with a scowl when I rolled over to feel the result of the events of last night right between my legs. I was beyond sore. My brows snap into a furrow as I glance over my shoulder to find Dante still asleep on his back, with both his hands behind his head.

I rolled over and settled on his bare chest as I get comfortable on him. A sigh was released from him when he felt me caress his chest, euphoria spread across my chest when I saw how the result of my touch had left him; his chest was heaving up and down as he tried to compose himself.

"buongiorno bella moglie."

"Buongiorno bello."

Dante chuckled when he removed his hands from under his head and then embraced me with his arms. Goosebumps rose on my skin as I felt his warmth just spread onto my skin. I close my eyes on his chest and just wrap my legs around his; this was the best thing ever.

"How do you feel?"

"I-I'm.. I'm actually really sore." I admit and the glance up at Dante who watched me for a couple of seconds in concern.

"I'm sorry Gattina, but when you're giving me every little opportunity to touch your body and then have the decency to tease me, you deserve a lesson by force." He chuckled, "Although to compensate, I could massage it."

"That'll be a hard pass." I burst out laughing while Dante laughs along with me. I reach up to him and kiss his lips and he just hauls me into his arms.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask after a long silence. My arm rests on him as I caress his chest, he inhaled and then exhaled before he replied.

"I'm all ears Gattina."

"Why doesn't your parents live with you?"

Silence surrounded us as I wait for him to reply. My fingers continued to draw circles around his torso as my stomach turned. I had no idea if he was going to answer me because the last time I asked about him and his parents, particularly his father, I was actually dismissed.

I've waited so long to ask him this because I would always forget, considering that fact that he never really talks about his father, not as much as he did before. Asking him a question like this should be simple but to me, it was like as if I was asking for his life because the look on Dante face was intimidating.

"Because... I decided to move out.. and buy my own estate."

"Come on Dante, that's not true." I sigh as I stop drawing circles on his chest and glance up at him, "As long as I could remember, you would never live without your mom."

"Okay. You're right. My parents do not live under the same roof as me because I can't stand Constantino. So he left the estate and mom went along with him."

I sit up and frown at him as both his hands were under his head. I glanced at me before his hard gaze settled on the ceiling.

"Why? He is your father."

"Have you forgotten what he has done?"

"No and that's exactly the point. He done what he did to me, not to you." I say and reached for his hair as I scoot closer to me, "And besides, how long ago did you buy your own estate to steer clear of him? Dante, what has he done to make you hate him this much?"