Chapter 21: Dresses And Atticus

The next day after finding out about Slughorn's party, me, Lily, and Jennifer had gone to Hogsmeade to buy presents.

Christmas was right around the corner, and I still hasn't finished any shopping.

It was cold, and there was even some snow covering the roofs and ground.

"Hey, do you know what the boys might like?" I asked, aiming it to Jennifer.

"I don't know. . . Maybe you could give Sirius an apple, wait no. It would bring horrible flashbacks. . ." She shuddered.

What. . . I not going to ask.

To pass the time, I started mumbling a song I remembered Miss Voctoria playing when I was younger.

"The warden threw a party in the county jail, the prison band was there and they began to wail-"

"What are you singing?" Lily smiled, as Jennifer grinned.

"Its called 'Jailhouse Rock' by a Muggle named Elvis Presley. Miss Victoria used to play it after my piano lessons, I grew up with his music." I shrugged lightly.

"Keep singing it! It sounds nice." Jennifer nudged me.

"Come on, you have a nice voice! I should let you listen to it one day, so you could sing it. . ." I smiled to her, before she pulled my hat over my eyes.

"Thats the thing. I don't know it. The voice doesn't matter, the music does. Just sing it!" Her and Lily nodded, chuckling.

I sighed, before singing again. "The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing, you should have heard those knocked out jailbirds sing, lets rock!"

They evtually caught up with the words, singing along with me. "Everybody lets rock! Everybody in the whole cell block, was dancin' to the jailhouse rock!"

We entered Honeydukes, figuring it would be the best place for Peter. I bought a few chocolate frogs and a few things for the others, and I continued to sing.

"Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone, Little Joe was blowin' on the side trombone, the drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom-!"

My mouth was covered by a gand, and I was dragged out of the store to somewhere else.

I licked Lily's hand, causing her to pull it back and wipe it on her jeans. "Come on! You didn't let me finish! And, where are we. . ."

"Look for yourself." Jennifer smirked.

I looked around, my eyes widening.
"A dress shop? Why are we at a dress shop?"

"Well, Christmas is right around the corner, best to be prepared. Right, Lily?" Jennifer grinned, before her and Lily pulled me deeper into the store.

"Lets go! I still need to get things. . ." But they were already looking through the Death Clothing.

"You can do that later,"

"Im going to kill you both in your sleep when this is over," I glared, as Jennifer grabbed a gray dress and went inside a dressing room.

"Well, we'll just have to keep one eye open."

She came back some time later. She looked very pretty in the dress, and her red hair went well with it. It went right under her knees.

"Pretty." Was all I said. The subject of dresses bored me.

"Lia, I'm not very fond of dresses myself, but at least I go with it." Jennifer sighed, holding her arms out. "But what do you think?

"I like it. It looks great on you, Remus won't know what hit him!" Lily laughed, causing Jennifer to blush and glare.

"Shut the hell up! What about you and James, huh?"

"Me and Ja- Potter have nothing going on. But. . . He's changed. And we're friends, I guess. . ." She turned away.

"What?! Why didn't he ever tell me? This is the biggest thing to ever happen!" I jumped up, smiling.

"Just, shut up! Both of you shut up!"

We laughed, before Lily spotted a teal dress, and an emerald green dress. "Hey look, Lia, your favorite color."

"Emerald green looks horrible on me, don't even think about it." I shook my head, before a black dress was thrown into my arms.

"What is this?" Lily came from behind the room, wearing the green dress that matched her eyes.

"Go try it on! See how it looks."

I sighed, before going into the next room and changing. I have to say it was comfortable, and I could still move in it.

I came out, crossing my arms. "Well?"

Jennifer's eyes widened. "You have curves?!"

This caused my eyes to widen as well.
"What are curves?! I don't want curves! Are curves a good thing, what are curves-?!"

"Calm down, its looks great! I think you should get it!"

I looked down. Just like the others, it went right under my knees. It was simple, and though I want very fond of black, Lily always said it fit me well.

"See? Black really is your color, go change back."

After I had changed, I handed Lily the dress and we all went up to pay for them.

I looked around, and my eyes caught the window.

The boys, Alex, and Katie were grinning behind the store window, making faces. I laughed, going up and sticking my tongue out at them.

Sirius - being the idiot he is - decided to fog the window and write out the words 'Gorgeous'. He grinned, before walking off with the others in laughter.

Atticus overwhelmed my stomach. Why did I feel like this?

And why because of Sirius?

______________________

I'm rewatching The Hunger Games, I'm crying oml, Rue deserved better.