05 → Yakety Yak

He hummed as he entered the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water

He hummed as he entered the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. He drank it all and set the glass cup on the table. The low and steady sound was still heard and he furrowed his eyebrows as he tried hard to remember the lyrics to the song.

Pietro sighed in frustration and passed a hand through his white hair. He rested his arms against the counter and dropped his head.

"Still can't remember the words to the song?" Natasha asked the boy.

"Why can't I remember?" Pietro's accent could be heard very clearly.

"Look man, it's been years since you heard the song. If the words haven't come to you, then that's that" Sam said from where he's sitting on the couch, just a couple feet away from the kitchen.

"Thank you, Sam" Pietro sarcastically thanked.

Sam smiled as he kept his eyes glued on his phone "whatever I can do to help" Pietro rolled his eyes and shook his head.

It's true, it's been years since he heard the song, but it's really weird. He only heard it once and that was it. He's never heard it before or has heard it since then. He remembers the tune but not the lyrics. How could a simple song that he's only heard once in his life, keep him awake at night, trying to fit some words in. Pietro sighed and stood up straight. Natasha who's sitting on a stool, kept her eyes on Pietro as she munched on a cracker.

"I have never seen you this troubled before"

"It's the song" he informed.

Tony who just entered the room, groaned and rolled his eyes when he heard what was going on "again with the song?"

"Yes" the young man nodded.

Sam set his phone down and looked up at Pietro "what's so special about the song, anyway?" He asked.

"Yeah, what is so special about it?" Tony agreed with his friend. Pietro looked from Sam to Tony to Natasha. She too wants to know what's so special about the song.

All the Avengers know that Pietro is always humming that tune. They know how frustrated he gets when he tries to fit in words but they don't go. They don't actually know what's his fixation with the song. Most people would eventually give up and then would encounter it in YouTube many years later, but not Pietro. He hasn't given up in almost the four years since he's heard the song.

The Avengers don't know, not even Wanda who is Pietro's twin sister. The white haired man sighed and looked up at the three in the room.

"I heard that song when I... came back" he sheepishly explained.

"Came back from where?" Sam questioned.

"Wait, from the other side? The dead?" Tony spoke up. Pietro nodded.

"I heard someone singing it right next to me, but I didn't see who it was. I only heard it once and it's been stuck in my head since then" he finished explaining.