To Befriend a Bad Boy

Follow me :D
Twitter: @aguayokairy
Instagram:@ _kairy_
Tiktok: @whatevenrthose

"Bad decisions make good stories." -Unknown

Warning
First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who have taken your time to read this book!

Second of all, I wrote this a while back and I was kind of trying to do my own thing and be "different." I tried to make this book as uncliche as possible but you know, wattpad happens.

Excuse my bad grammar- which I still have to this day- and my cheesy chapters.

Enjoy!

Prologue

If there's anything I hate more than high school, it's a cliche. You always know what happens next. Bad boy falls for the good girl, jock falls for the nerd, socially awkward girl find some awesome guy, your boyfriend's a vampire,etc.

The list literally goes on and on.

But seriously, where would a story be with out it's clicheness? I'll tell you where. Nowhere. No matter how re-used the idea is, it'll never get old.

Admit it. There's something about bad boys that drives girls crazy. There's something about that sweet dude that has a way with words that just makes your heart beat a little faster.

The only problem, that only happens in books and movies. So, no, there is no way you'll get a bad boy or a good girl- which ever your case may be.

The popular guy/ girl in your school isn't going to walk up to you and say, "Hey, Kitten, you're very different. You like to read and you're pretty weird so be my girlfriend." It's not happening.

Well, at least that's what I thought before I met the one and only Parker Gray, my very own bad boy.

All because of a stupid bet made in English class.

"Parker Gray managed to get away with it again," William said with a sigh as he sat down on the old desk beside me, "How does he do it?"

William Hastings was an odd boy. He'd spend most of his times listening to Rock bands and hating on everybody despite is complexion. Blue eyes, blond hair and pale face. He looked like an angel, though he was anything but.

"Just ignore him and try to get through the remainder of the year without touching him and you'll be fine," I said as I slightly patted him on the back. "But it's not fair!" he exclaimed. "He threw a bucket of paint on Mrs. Rogers! Last time I dropped a pen, she sent me to detention."

"Just ignore him," I repeated dryly. Will smiled bitterly and ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"We both know that's nearly impossible." It was true. Parker Gray was hard to ignore. His name was whispered across the halls and written on the stalls in the girls' bathroom (probably the boys' stalls too).

The point was, Parker Gray was inevitable.

"Speaking of the Devil," Will uttered with a sour face while Parker and his friends walked into the back of the classroom and shooed some poor guys away from their seats.

"Let it go, Will. You'll get over it," I reminded him as I watched Will glare at Parker.

After a few seconds of glaring, Will scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Easy for you to say, you don't live next to him. You don't know what's it's like to wake up at 3:00 am because he's listening to Rock music or because he's arguing with his parents. You don't get it," he stated and frowned. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around. "Wow, you have it so hard," I replied sarcastically.

Will opened his mouth-to either (1) Insult me, (2) tell me to shut up, or (3) make a stupid bet that would surely get us both in trouble. The thing about Will was that he loved to make bets. Whether it was about who could hold their breath longer or if he could break into a house, he was up for it.

But before he could, the teacher, Ms. Madison, walked in with a smile capable of ripping her face in half. "I have exciting news! We will start reading a new book today!"

There were a few groans as Ms. Madison passed the books around. Will inched closer to me and smirked. "Let's make a bet, Ellie," he said. I opened my book to the very first page and groaned. I shouldn't have said anything.

"Another one?"

"I bet you can't befriend Parker and not leave his side for a month," he said, completely ignoring my annoyance towards him.

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head slowly. "As if people don't think I'm weird already. What will they say when I suddenly befriend Valley View High School's bad boy?"

"I thought you said it was easy," Will said with a smug smirk. There was a small silence but after a while of debating whether falling into peer pressure was a good idea, I opened my big mouth.

"Fine, but loser runs around the school in only their underwear," I said as I narrowed my brown eyes into small slits. "This is why I like you, Ellie. You're too competitive, there's no way you would ever pass one of my bets," Will said with a smile.

It was true; I had never turned down one of Will's bets, despite their stupidity.

"I hope we can still be friends after this," he muttered. I rolled my eyes once again and started reading my book.

One thing was for sure, I was definitely going to regret this later.