Chapter Thirty Seven

"What's up, Red?" Dion nudges the side of my arm with his elbow.

We were currently on lunch break and Dion had made sure of it that I didn't spend lunch alone like yesterday. His little home boys were literally in every direction that I looked.

"You've barely touched your food," he says, glancing at the burger and fries in front of me.

Apparently Angela was craving a burger from Buzz's, a little burger shop near the school, so Dion went out of his way to grab her some food, and came back with more than one order. He literally bought food just for her, him, and myself. I'm assuming that Angela told Dion of my recent small appetite because when he passed me a brown bag and vanilla shake, he demanded that I finish every single bite.

"That's a lie," I smiled faintly, looking to the left of me where he sat. "I ate some fries with my shake."

"Protein," he grumbles, pointing at my wrapped burger in front of me, "you need protein."

"I'll give her some protein," one of the unknown guys that was siting at the table smirks, nudging Vinny on the elbow, and things escalade quickly.

"Are you retarded or just plain fucking stupid?!" Dion snaps gaining everyone's attention. No one peeps a sound, and everyone averts their gaze away from Dion.

"Well which is it Lazarrga?" The guy who's name I don't know looks up at Dion, softly shaking his head. "So then what on earth would give you the audacity to say some shit like that, huh? What," he scoffs. "You think just cause KP's not around I'm gonna let you get away with some shit like that? I outta drag you over this fucking table right here, right now.. Why the fuck would you disrespect him like that, knowing damn well you're too much of a fucking coward to say some shit like that to his face."

Angela places a hand on Dion's arm, attempting to calm him down. She was sitting on the other side of him, in between us both. "Dee, stop," she murmurs.

Dion moves his arm away from her touch as the Lazarrga guy continues to shake his head, while mumbling a sorry under his breath. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Dion snarls.

This is where I come in, "Dion, it's not a big deal, really. It's okay," I smile over at the guy. "It never happened."

He continues to shake his head rapidly, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't hav-"

"Get the fück out of here, Lazarrga." Dion interrupts the guy at mid sentence.

"Come on," Vince chuckles to the left of him, getting up from the table. "You have a lot to learn dude.. You comin' Ric?"

"Nah."

The Lazarrga guy quickly gets up from his spot, mumbling another sorry before taking off with Vinny. Dion, Angela, Patrick and I are the only ones left at the table.

"Fücking idiot,"' Dion continues to grumble, taking a bite from his burger that he's almost done with. "I fucking told KP I had a bad feeling about him, his mouth is gonna be a problem."

"It's only been two weeks, Dee," Ric implies. "He just needs to be broken in."

"Speaking of KP, have you got a hold of him yet?" Angela mumbles quietly under her breath, and I'm sure it's so I won't hear but I catch every single word.

Dion doesn't answer her verbally, he simply shakes his head no and they all stay quiet continuing to eat their food and it nearly drives me crazy.

"I can't do this" I mutter, quickly tossing the rest of my fries I had left into the brown bag near Dion, along with the burger I never touched and get up from the table.