Roses

My anxiety was off the charts as Gazzy and I boarded our flight to Miami. He offered me a joint to relax me. I gave him a quizzical look.

"Its indica baby," He reassured "It won't make you paranoid."

I sighed and took a drag.

"Why are you so nervous? Relax."

"Oh, so if I was taking you to meet my mom, you'd be totally fine, right?"

He thought for a moment.

"Nah you right. I'd probably be a lil nervous too."

"Mrs. Garcia?" A flight attendant interrupted

Who's she talking to?

I glanced around

"Me?? My last name is Moreaux..." I corrected

"I was instructed to address you as Mrs. Garcia."

This nigga...

I shot Gazzy a look and kicked him.

I noticed she was holding 2 elaborate displays of roses. One set was red, and one was white.

 One set was red, and one was white

"Oh

"Oh... uh, yes?" I asked, puzzled

"These are for you, looks like they arrived at the gate in time." She handed the red roses to me "And this second batch you ordered, Mr. Garcia?"

She handed him the white roses.

"Thanks." Gazzy said as he handed her a hundred dollar bill. She thanked him before scurrying off.

He just drops hundreds like its no big deal. But I guess for him, it isn't.

"Uh... whats this for?" I asked

"They're for you, mean ass!"

"Aw... really? Thank you babe. They're fucking gorgeous!"

I kissed him

"You're welcome, bebita."

"Wait, what are the other roses for?" I asked

"Mi madré."
(My mother)

"AWWW!!!"

"Shut up!" He laughed "Issa gift from both of us okay? You ready, bebita?"

I nodded

The plane took off a few minutes later.

This flight is long as hell. I remembered from the last time I flew to Florida visit Gazzy 2 tours ago. But damn.

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I remember is Gazzy shaking me.

"Baby!... Babygirl, getcha mean ass up!"

I blinked a few times and stretched.

He was smiling down at me

"We here."

"Oh, finally."

I grabbed my purse and my roses, and we headed to baggage claim.

______________________________

"GG!!!!" I heard someone calling out "GG!!!!"

Gazzy looked around for the source

"Mamá!"

A short woman with black framed glasses and short thick dark hair came speed-walking over to us. I recognized her from FaceTime. Gazzy's mom...

He smiled and hugged her.
She calls him GG? Thats so cute 😭

"Hi mi hijo!" She kissed his cheek

"Hey ma." He said "This is mi novia, Elle."
(my girlfriend)

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Garcia..." I uttered nervously

"Call me Sofia!" She hugged me tight "You're even more beautiful in person! I can see why mi hijo loves you."

Gazzy blushed and handed her the bucket of while roses.

"Its from us ma." He said proudly

"Oh! They're beautiful, gracias." She said "Come on you two. Vamos!"
(Let's go)

____________________

Sofia drove us to a beautiful house, did I also mention that Miami is gorgeous? Gazzy grew up here? It looks like paradise.

I met his Grandparents, his Aunt Clara, his sister Camilla and his brother Raúl. His sister is beautiful, and his brother looks like an older version of Gazzy, minus the tattoos and dreads. Super handsome.

They were so welcoming and sweet to me. And the love they have for Gazzy is unbelievable. They don't support his lifestyle 100%, shit, I still don't myself. They're strict Mexican Catholics, but they love him, and he supports them as much as he can.

His mom and grandma prepared a traditional Mexican feast for dinner. With the works: Tamales, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, chicken cozolé...

I was so full. I probably gained 10 pounds from just that meal alone.

Everyone asked us about how we met, how long we've been together, what I was majoring in in college, questions about my family.. you know, typical stuff. Then Sofia insisted on showing me an album full of pictures of Gazzy as a kid.

I was completely gushing

I was completely gushing. How adorable is he?!

"Ma.. why you gotta do that?" He asked
He just sat on the couch across from us face palming  🤦🏽‍♂️

I could stay here forever. Their vibe is so warm, and Gazzy seems so happy...

___________________

After a few shots of tequila, not only was I lit, I was exhausted. Gazzy's mother showed us to the guest room. We changed and practically collapsed onto the bed.

"So... whatchu think of my fam?" He asked, cuddling me

"I love them. They're so sweet.. thank you for bringing me here to meet them. It means alot to me."

I gave him a sweet kiss.

"I knew they'd love you, bebita." He said "Eskeeeetiiittt!!!"

I rolled my eyes.
Why is he like this?

"Oh! Wait, isn't your show tomorrow night with your friend? You gonna tell me who it is yet?"

"NOPE!" He grinned "Ya nosey ass gon find out tomorrow."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹