63. Unconditional

Despite his hands and wings being chained together, Jungkook was somehow able to stand up and crawl towards his bed

Despite his hands and wings being chained together, Jungkook was somehow able to stand up and crawl towards his bed. The prince was sitting crossed legged on his king-sized bed, sniffing as he stared at the barred window of his bedroom. Sighing, he bent his head low, face flushed red due to all the tears he had shed. Tugging his hands away from each other, he grunted in frustration as he only heard the shackles of the handcuffs' chains.

Jungkook, feeling helpless, grabbed his head with both hands and took deep breaths. He sobbed quietly, fresh hot tears dripping down onto his knuckles. There was a war of emotions inside him, confusing him because he didn't know what exactly. Sadness? King Lucius was the antagonist of his life, someone who never understood him, someone who thought he was good even though he wasn't. Anger? The angel's father never tried to understand his, or treat him comfortably like his mother did.

Plus, King Lucius definitely had something to do with Kiana's death. Anger, yes, anger. Jungkook continued to ball his fists as they trembled, eyes glowing a powerful bright color with his gem as he gritted his teeth, jaw clenched. A soft glow that resembled mist was rising from the skin of his arms.

Why didn't he understand? The fate of two worlds are at stake.

Jungkook felt a sharp sting on his back, almost like something was clawing under his skin. He groaned in pain and rolled his shoulders, curling in as he trembled, wings folding to hug himself. The prince regretted bringing his friends to Hemel. Truthfully, the only reason he wanted to go home was to see his mother again but now, due to his selfish act, everyone was in danger.

Wanting to spread his wings, Jungkook yelped when the chains forced them to fold back again. Now, he was beyond frustrated. The angel already felt like he was stripped of all forms of freedom when he was back at Hemel but not being able to use his wings was a final straw.

Jungkook tugged on his blonde hair and released a shrill scream, a cry of pain as beams of light exploded from his body. Since his cabinets were all made of glass, they shattered as he continued to screams. Suddenly being hit with fatigue, the angel slipped off his bed and fell on his knees, some shards of glass cutting through his dark jeans and wounding his legs.

Having no energy, Jungkook only sobbed on the floor and ignored how he was surrounded by shards of glass. He hated it. He hated his situation and how he had dragged everyone he cared about into it. He hated how his father had caused the death of the one he loved so dear.

Jungkook paused when he saw the reflection of something shine through some of the bigger glass shards. The angel looked up with his swollen eyes and stared at the white cabinet of his room, which stood out due to the sky blue wallpaper. Standing up slowly, he noticed that some of his cabinet's contents had fallen to the ground.

Wiping his tears away, Jungkook stared at the items. He then bent down to pick up a book, which he struggled to do due to his chained hands, and examined it. Angels 101: From Archangels to Seraphims. The prince smiled as he brushed his fingertips down the book's cover and stared at the seraphim angel featured on it. Closing his eyes, he decided to think of good memories to calm himself down.