Looking Forward

General POV

The whole gang grouped around the table, cheering as Nora and Yang arm wrestled on the table. Yang's mechanical arm held against Nora. Weiss looked on disapprovingly at the brutish contest while the rest cheered on.

Jaune: "Don't let her beat you! You can do it!"

Ren: "C'mon! You can do this!"

(y/n): "Go Yang! I can't tell if you're winning!"

Nora: "Well it sure feels like the original!"

Yang: "Yep! But it does have some new features!"

As the two gave it their all, the sound of gears turning and clicking from Yang's arm made shivers run down Nora's spine. As she kept on pulling towards her side, the opposite force which anchored her suddenly went light, pushing herself to fly towards the wall.

(y/n): "Yeah! Sent her flying!"

Weiss: "Her arm came off!!!"

(y/n): "Oh... Yeah she does that"

Nora groaned in pain and soon screamed as she looked towards the severed robotic arm in her hand.

(y/n): "Yeah... that came in handy-"

Ruby: "Heh! 'Handy'"

(y/n): "-when we were scaring off some bandits to interrogate"

Yang: "You liked acting in that lil' trick a bit TOO much"

(y/n) remembered the time when the two of them were searching for Yang's motorcycle bumblebee as it was stolen when Yang and (y/n) were having a bit too much fun. Long story short, they got one and all they needed was to get him scared and talking.

FLASHBACK

They were inside the wagon, talking as what to do next with the bandit. A small candle light protected by glass illuminated the small space. The sound of crickets and leaves rustling was silent and ominous, their hurried and stressed voices were hushed. They argued as to what to do...

(y/n): "We'll do that arm thing"

Yang: "Please no..."

(y/n): "C'mon! It'll be fun"

Yang: "For you! This is my arm"

(y/n): "Hey, it's your motorcycle that's at stake here"

Yang: "Let's think of it as: Your girlfriend's motorcycle!"

(y/n): "Well that's the only card we have. Not like Bob could help us right now"

Yang: "Ugh! Fine! Let's do this... Just get this over with"

(y/n: "Yay!"

For the bandit outside, he could hear whispers and see silhouettes from inside the tent. Two shadows, arguing, when all of a sudden, the boy grabbed the girl by the neck. His eyes widening on what he's seeing...

He thought they were a couple...

Yang: "AH!!! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

(y/n): "You let MY motorcycle be stolen and all you have for me is a worthless piece of meatsuit!?"

The boy grabbed the girl by her arm as she flailed against the wind.

The horror he sees completely contrasted what was going on inside. Yang was floating with the support of (y/n)'s broken glyphs. She was way too embarrassed with the lines she's saying to show any proper emotion, (y/n) however was smiling and clearly having fun...