83. TVD

Season 5 Episode 1

"Dear Stefan," Willow said, tapping out an email on her laptop in the Salvatore boarding house, where she'd been staying more often than not, usually in Stefan's room.

"You've missed a lot. Elena and Caroline are off to college. Damon's still trying to convince Elena to stay but she won't have it. She's all about having a 'normal college experience'. I'd tell her she was crazy, but that seems to be a common vampire occurrence. How many times have you been to high school again?"

She laughed to herself, before continuing. "Matt and Rebekah are travelling. You know, at first I didn't get it at all, but they seem good for each other. They bring out the best in each other."

"Are you talking to yourself?" Jeremy asked, standing outside the room.

"It's not like I have anyone else to talk to, with Damon and Elena shacking up every chance they get!" she replied.

"Gross, that's my sister," he reminded her, walking past the room and down the hall. Willow sighed, before getting back to her email.

"Jeremy has to go back to school to try and convince the teachers that he was attention seeking, that he lit the house on fire himself. Crazy, I know. And Bonnie isn't around, she's been travelling with her mom all summer.

"I don't know why I'm telling you all this. Maybe I'm hoping that you actually miss or care about us? Or at least about them, the friends that you left behind.

"As for me, I'm a failure. I came to Mystic Falls to kill vampires and ended up making friends with them, the witches are so angry I can practically hear them thinking of ways to give me an eternity of misery when I die. And I miss you.

"I'm trying not to pry, I know that you need time. I've been giving you time all summer. But, where are you Stefan? Damon keeps telling me that of course Silas didn't get to you, that you're just having fun away from this dark, disturbing supernatural town. If that's true, I'm happy for you, really. But, will you just give me, even the smallest sign that you're ok? I'm trying to hold off from doing a locator spell, I'm trying to give you space. Just, get in touch. If not for me, for Damon. I know he misses you too, even if he never says so."

She sent the email and shut the laptop, lying back on her bed and sighing. Why was she the only one that felt like something wasn't quite right?

***

"Cut!"

"Great work Cece," Julie said. "Now, just try typing out the email without saying it out loud. We're gonna try and see how it looks with a voiceover instead."

"Sure, no problem," Cece said, erasing the words that she'd just typed so that she could type them again. And again. And again. As much as she loved her job, it could get extremely repetitive.