epilogue : part 3

dedicated to @zabicat700 solely for spamming hamilton lyrics

also uhh this is shit?? like always

also warning: sexual content 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

ten minutes later they walk out, dan's fingers wrapping back around the straps of his bag and phil's pushed in his pocket so neither of them accidentally make a move to hold the other's hand. there is so much tension between them, not the one that demands answers or brews uncertainty-it's almost completely the opposite. both of them are aware of their wandering gazes, the way their eyes stay too long on each other and the way their mouth goes dry once they notice a particular thing about each other.

phil can't stop staring at dan's skin,
just how good his champagne skin will look when he sinks his teeth into his neck and mark him the way he did the last time they were together. he can't stop staring at his wavy hair, how soft it would feel if phil lets his fingers disappear into the curls and the sounds dan would make when he would pull at it the slightest. he can't stop staring at his lips, the way the flesh is ruined with cracks and are tinted in such an inviting shade of red. he can't stop staring at his body, the way his backpack doesn't meet his spine because of the arch in his back, the way his sweater clings to his curves and the way his tight jeans accentuate his hips-god he is the most beautiful person he has ever seen.

he has accepted dan's mistake, and now as dan walks right next to him, breathing in the same air as him, he still doesn't feel any bitterness towards the younger male. all he feels is the desperation, the love, the ache in his heart of wanting to start a life with him again. he wants them to live in the same house and sleep in the same bed and shower and eat and laugh together.

but he knows it's too soon for any of that, right now their hearts are too delicate and they need to take it slow, to build it up from scratch, to start as friends and then boyfriends and then finally act like the married couple they are. it's not an idea he can't accept because he knows he owes this to himself, he needs to be patient, he needs to let things fall into place at their own pace because rushing things has never brought any good to them.

"where exactly are we going?" dan breaks their comfortable silence and phil looks at him, glad to catch a glimpse of how dan's eyes catch the sunlight and appear more golden, the brown pattern swirling gently and almost distracting phil from his question.

"um, i don't know actually," phil replies after a while. "do you have anything in mind?"

"so you take me on a date after three years and you still aren't prepared? rude," dan nudges him with his elbow playfully and phil smiles guiltily at him.

phil puts a hand around dan's shoulders and pulls him a little closer before muttering an insincere apology.

"sorry baby," he whispers, partly to see dan's reaction and partly to touch him in some way, and looking at the way dan's eyes widen and he chokes on his own breath was totally worth using the overused nickname.

"w-what did you just call me?" dan laughs, trying to bring humour to the situation to cancel out the obvious sexual frustration between the two lovers but it seems like phil has other plans because his hand slides down from his shoulders and snakes under the backpack, his arm wrapping around dan's waist tightly which forces them to walk closer to each other.

"want me to say it again, baby?" phil makes a point to bite gently at dan's earring and dan feels like he could collapse right on the busy pavement, but before he can embarrass himself phil's retrieves his arm from around him and moves a feet away from him, shooting him a knowing smile.

"what the hell was that?" dan accuses him, trying to cover his red cheeks with his hands and phil just laughs, grabbing one of his hands and pressing a kiss on the back of it.

"just wanted to see how bothered you get, it's funny," phil lies. well, it's not completely a lie because phil did want to want dan get flustered and it did humour him, but he also couldn't stop himself from being close to him.

"you're so annoying," dan mutters, gripping phil's hand tighter and silently hoping that he pulls something like this again because all dan wants to do right now is for phil to touch him and make up for all the years that they spent in agonising recovery, and he is definitely too shy to make the first move. he knows there is a lot of talking that needs to be done in terms of what their relationship is going to be, if dan is supposed to move in again, are they supposed to just be friends or jump straight into their married life but all that seems a lot less important when all on dan's mind is the way phil's fingers wrapped around the curve of his waist and how phil's lips lingered on his ear and how phil's teeth scraped against his earlobe.

he might actually go insane.

--
ok so mayb that wasn't sexual content but its a suggestive chapter at least 😉😉😉😉😉
shut up u love me even when i clickbait