epilogue : part 4

this might be a bit different to how i usually write but i don't usually write things that aren't going wrong so. . . i hope u don't mind??

+

"you got a new car?" the conversation starter is highly unconventional for the couple who knows absolutely nothing about cars, but it seems far more appropriate than staring at each other in silent desperation and finding ways to constantly hide the flush in their cheeks. dan's eyes are a little wide in comical fascination, his fingertips grazing the dark metal door in awe, and phil just watches him-that's all phil has been doing since the past hour anyway.

"yeah, about three months ago. adrian didn't tell you?" phil moves a bit closer-out of habit or want, he doesn't know, but when the distance between his chest and dan's back is far too less to be considered friendly, he hears the sharp intake of breath coming from the younger male.

"n-not really, if you forgot, neither of us are interested in automobiles," dan struggles to keep the snarky undertone in his words when phil is this close to him and he loses his voice almost completely when phil breathes out a gentle laugh, one of his hands setting down on dan's right shoulder firmly. it's not a gesture that is supposed to be considered carnal in any shape or form-but the improper side of dan's brain begs to differ.

the unlikely discussion dies down too fast for their liking but it's not like either of them were expecting a great banter out of something neither of them are passionate about, so as soon as phil opens the passenger door in a tactful action and they both are seated, their exchange settles upon something typical, something along the lines of the weather and politics.

they are aware that they are treading too slow, that there are things that need to be said and questions that need to be answered and recovery that's supposed to be shared but the discussion of post-heartbreak augmentation is too unappealing to give a thought. right now congenial silences are preferred over loud answers and pleasant humour is preferred over the weighted discussion that is bound to come.

the comfortable silence is interrupted gracelessly with a buzz from dan's phone, and phil looks over for a brief moment before offering a small smile.

adrianhowlter : hey lad how is it going

danhowlter : don't call me lad ur my son

adrianhowlter : that's not what i asked

adrianhowlter : lad

danhowlter : well

danhowlter : LAD

danhowlter : its going alright

adrianhowlter : did u make out

adrianhowlter : is he polite

adrianhowlter : is he SALTY omg

adrianhowlter : wait who's side am i on

adrianhowlter : i feel like a dad™

danhowlter : bye

adrianhowlter : hey nO COME BACK I NEED THE TEA

danhowlter : u are so inappropriate i'll block u

adrianhowlter : am not???????? smh im just concerned for my sons

danhowlter : first of all that's incest

danhowlter : second of all it's illegal

adrianhowlter : wait its only incest if my sons are doing something suggestive😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

danhowlter : blocked & reported

adrianhowlter : give me dETAILS

snap delivered

adrianhowlter : father pls

snap delivered

adrianhowlter : fine i'll just text dad hes better than u anyway 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

snap delivered

--

ok so um?? what am i?? why am i making the epilogue in like 50 parts i need a life

is it ok w u that i update frequently but there will b more parts and smaller chapters

or should i update infrequently w longer chapters??

whats ur preference