23. Only One

A/N sorry I haven't published in a while. I just haven't had any time (I'm just lazy, I'm not gonna lie cause my friends know what actually is happening) and while I'm writing this I'm skiing and don't have access to any good internet. I hope you like the chapter.
Anyway, I want to dedicate this chapter to pearlreader5 go check out her books. She is a great author and has been reading my book since day 1.

Ai Jei POV

Quiet befell the hall as all busybodies and gossipers listened attentively. Why was the Imperial Niece dancing at a banquet intended to celebrate her arrival.

"Imperial Uncle," You could see the crowd lean forward," there is nothing this Imperial Niece would like. I danced for the entertainment of your highness'. I want nothing more than your pleasure." Said the little minx, her eyes darting to Xi every couple of seconds as if to gesture to what she wanted.
Unfortunately the Empress seemed to catch on as she gestured for the emperor to insist on a request.

"Imperial Niece your devotion to us is commendable. However it would be my greatest pleasure, as your Imperial Uncle, to grant any request of yours." By this time I was watching Xi who was gently smiling at me while twirling a strand of my hair, which had come loose from mummy braid, around his finger.

"There is only one thing that I would like, Imperial Uncle, I would like 3rd Prince Xiang." My head snapped back to the centre of the hall as the audience erupted into hushed whispers. SHE STILL WANTED MY HUSBAND! I glanced back at Xi to see that he was in his own world.

"Imperial Niece I would love to grant your request, however that is up to Prince Xiang to decide."

"Imperial father," my husband said," I am sorry but I already have a wife."

"So divorce her!" Came Siwang's reply. The expressions on the audiences faces reflected my feelings. Not shock just disgust. Got someone related to the royal family to be that desperate. It's just shameful.

"I will not divorce my wife!" Xi said, starting to actually focus on the discussion at hand.

"Then denote her to 1st concubine and take Siwang as your official wife." Suggested the empress, obviously oblivious to the deadly gaze I had trained on her. My hands were itching to release my weapons on her and her damn niece. Why does she want my husband, like get your own. He is mine I mean if she wants to go against me good luck to her, I'm a trained assassin I won't hesitate to... my mental rant is cut short by a large hand engulfing my smaller one. I look at the owner of the hand who gives me a quick smile and a quick squeeze to reassure me that he is mine and I am his. Possessive brat.

"I refuse to divorce or demote anyone, let alone take another wife. One is enough for me and I love her dearly. Now, since I have given you my answer, I best be leaving." My husband said scooping me up in his arms due to my lack of the ability to walk. With that he strode out of the hall and into our carriage where he placed me on a cushioned seat.

"Don't worry, you're my only one."