Chapter 17

FYI, this is the last part I have written. I will try to write more but my schedule will be pretty busy at work for the coming week and I do not know when I will be able to get the next chapter done. Sorry for the cliffhanger. 

Chapter Seventeen

Ren, Shouta and Misaki arrived back at the cafe to find the two girls still kissing. Both of the adults almost laughed to themselves because hadn't they been found in a similar situation several days ago? Was there something in the air in the cafe that made a couple appear? They both glanced at each other and shared knowing smiles.

On the ground, clutching Ren's hand, Misaki was the one to break the two girls up as he called out, "Auntie Hana, what are you doing?"

The girls sprang apart, Hana's face a bright red mask of embarrassment. Akira held Hana's hand in hers, not letting go even as Hana crouched down to Misaki's level and hugged the young boy with only one arm.

"Just showing my love, little one." Hana said out loud, trying to phrase it the best way she knew how.

Misaki looked up with innocent eyes, and tilted his head. "That's how you show you love someone?"

"Yes," Hana laughed and bent forward smacking a huge kiss on the boy's forehead. He giggled and hurriedly kissed Hana's cheek before dashing towards Ren, lifting up his arms to be picked up. When Ren settled him on his hip, Misaki kissed Ren on the cheek. Ren laughed out loud, the child learned too quickly.

"What about mine? Shouta asked deliberately looking hurt. Misaki's eyes grew wide and he reached his little hands out. Shouta smiled softly and picked the child out of Ren's arms. What surprised everyone was that Misaki kissed Shouta on the lips, his face flushing and giggling even more.

"Oh, you little deviant." Ren chuckled, his eyebrows raised in mock anger.

Misaki giggled again, before giving Shouta another kiss but this time on the cheek. Stunned, Shota glanced at the child. "Why did I get two?"

"The first one is for the baby," Misaki explained, pointing down to Shouta's stomach, "and the second one is for you."

At the word baby, both Akira and Hana froze before they glanced over with wide eyes.

"Baby?" Hana whispered, she felt her heart sting slightly, but the hand wrapped around hers tightened slightly, reminding her that she wasn't alone like before. Glancing over, Hana gave an appreciative smile. Seeing that Hana had no bad reaction, Shouta sighed in his heart. He had long ago figured out Hana's crush on Ren. Due to this, he had been worried about revealing anything to her for the longest time now.

"Sorry I didn't tell either of you," Shouta whispered, looking at the girls. "I didn't know how to broach the topic."

Hana examined Shouta with her eyes, looking him up and down before bluntly saying, "That's why you've been constantly sick at work lately."

Slightly shocked, Shouta muttered, "You noticed?" He thought he had hid it the best he could.

"Who wouldn't when you turn green and then run away. The director even thought you were coming down with the flu and was going to tell you to stay home." Hana imparted, her hand still clutched in Akira's. The contact was soothing, but she was starting to get embarrassed by the constant touch.

"Ah," Shouta muttered, shifting his weight to hike Misaki up higher in his arms, "I'll have to explain it to her properly tomorrow."

Hana then smiled, it was the brightest one she had ever shown Shouta. "She'll be happy for you."