four || the new commentator

ACT ONE; CHAPTER FOURTHE NEW COMMENTATOR

THE NEW COMMENTATOR

--

AS UNUSUAL AS it felt to walk down to the Hall on a Quidditch day, not in her gear but in half Gryffindor – half Slytherin merchandise, Eleanor kind of enjoyed it. Yes, she may have gotten a few weird looks. Yes, she may have had to pry the Gryffindor clothes out of James Potter's reluctant-to-let-it-merge-with-Slytherin's cold, dead hands. No, neither she or Pandora (who had also dressed up for the occasion) was regretting it as they were too excited for Eleanor's debut as Quidditch commentator.

While doing their usual breakfast routine – Pandora stealing the sweet stuff and Eleanor buttering the toast – they both rooted through the endless pile of town parchments Pandora had received. Since the news of Eleanor's commentating spread like wildfire, the Marauders suggested she did something new to make her mark on the Quidditch commentating world. Regardless of the fact it was not a world she felt deeply about, her fate was sealed as Sirius and James began spreading word that Eleanor would be doing announcements.

For a small fee – and a risk that she may not read certain ones out... she was looking specifically at this odd Third Year Gryffindor, when she mentioned that detail.

Knowing full well they couldn't read all of them out, not just because there was more than could be read out in a normal Quidditch game time, but because some of them were just so weirdo – "Listen to this one, El, 'we wont need Aguamenti if you meet me behind the bush tonight. What does that even mean?" "If you don't already know, I'm not telling you." – the girls spent their breakfast alternating between sorting the announcements out and eating.

Eventually they had a solid number of 'I suppose we could get away with slipping these in' to counter the Mount Everest pile of 'not in a million years' which they threw in the bin as Eleanor dragged Pandora to the stands. Tripping over the ground and themselves didn't stop Eleanor from rushing herself and her best friend to the stands in hope of securing Pandora a prize seat next to the commentator stand. After all, what did the Professor's expect from them two, they were known to be a package deal.

Once dropped into their seats, they slumped back and let out a sigh of relief. Under a stare from Professor McGonagall, who gracefully took the seat on Eleanor's other side, the girl sat up straighter. Moving her Muggle microphone to sit better, she watched as two waves of green and red brought themselves to the other stands. Absently she found herself thinking that the view from the sky was always much better.

After a short wait, she was given the nod by Headmaster Dumbledore and a grin rose on her face as she tapped her wand onto the mic and her words rose over the stands and pitch, "Good morning Hogwarts!"