(32) Leaving Before Tomorrow Comes.

"Stay in the car, let me handle this." Viktor quickly closes the car door.

Sahara rolls down the window, "Maybe I should just go with him, I can't let anyone get hurt because of me."

"He won't hurt me, at least I hope not. Don't worry, just stay inside. If anything, here are my keys, switch to the driver's seat and drive away if I tell you, do you understand?"

"I can't leave y–"

"Sahara, you don't have a choice. Damian is fucking mad and honestly, I don't trust him when he's mad."

Sahara nods.

Viktor walks towards Damian, slowly but also, keeps his distance, "Listen, mate. I don't think it's a good idea to talk to Sahara now. I think you need to give her some space to clear her head. I think you need to clear your head."

"What did she say?" Damian says in almost a whispering tone.

"You and Stella–"

"She made a move on me. Sahara just walked in at the wrong time. I was telling her to stop but she didn't fucking stop."

"I hate to be the one who's killing the vibe here, but you could've stopped it if you truly wanted to. Sorry, man. Do Sahara a favour and let her clear her head, give her some time.  She's taken a straight blow to the heart to the point where it's physically painful for her, shit." Viktor takes a few steps towards Damian and places his hand on Damian's shoulder, "I need you to calm yourself before talking to Sahara. Don't scare her off, mate."

With that, Viktor walks back to his car, leaving behind the blank faced Damian.

"Is he okay?" Sahara asks. Viktor cannot believe that this girl still cares for Damian after taking a such a heavy blow to her emotions.

"He'll manage." He didn't explain any further. "Where am I taking you?"

"Home."

"Your apartment?"

"No, Damian's."

"What? Why there? You have a death wish?" Viktor was shocked.

"I might. I want to die right at this moment because my heart feels like someone ripped it out of my rib cage. Anyways, I need him to talk to me, I need him to– I don't know! I just need to talk to him. Why did I freaking deserve this?" Sahara puts her head in between her hands.

Viktor keeps driving quietly, "Hey, I know this is random but I understand that going anywhere with someone out of your family is not right for you, soooo... what if I consider you a little sister? Put a label on our relationship: really fake siblings."

That made Sahara giggle slightly, "I think that's a wonderful idea."

"What do you call older brothers in your culture?"

"Well, in my language, it's Bhai."

"Ba-ee?"

Sahara's trying really hard not to laugh at the pronunciation because that's really rude.

"I butchered it, didn't I? Good thing I don't have to say it. " He laughs, "That's what you're going to call me from now on because I know you don't have any actual siblings. Well, now, you have an older brother. Congrats, sis."