Chapter 21: Follow

"Where've you guys been?"
Brice asked concernedly as Tyler, Quentin, Jerome and Jason entered the Dining Hall.
"Ooh, I've heard of threeways, but fourways?" Suiko exclaimed in his usual, annoying, mocking voice. Ryan stared at Suiko as if he had just grown a second head, cut off that second head, and ate it for breakfast.
Tyler's heart sank at how empty the house now felt. There were only half as many people as there had been when they first entered the mansion. They had started with sixteen. They were down to eight. Him, Quentin, Jerome, Jason, Brice, Bashur/Suiko, Ryan and Ty.
"We were checking out the fourth floor," Quentin explained.
"Ah, and did you see anything you liked?" Ty asked calmly. "You know...for a weapon? To murder someone?"
Quentin sighed.
"Er, how about you guys get something to eat, and tell us about it at breakfast?" Brice asked. Everyone hastily agreed, and the four newcomers went to get something to eat.
Soon, Tyler was sitting down with a nice potato on his plate. He was about to take a bite when he noticed Jerome staring intently at the potato.
Before Tyler could ask, Jerome had slapped the potato out of Tyler's hand. It went flying and hit the wall with a smush.
Everyone stared in shock at the splattered potato, until realization filled everyone's eyes when they saw that the inside of the potato was murky green.
Ty burst out laughing.
"Ahahahahaha! Good nose, Jerome!" He exclaimed.
"What the hell, Ty?!" Ryan exclaimed with a look of disgust. "Poison?!"
"Haha, just testing your hope...kind of," Ty chuckled with a mischievous glint in his eye.
"You tried to kill me again!" Tyler exclaimed angrily.
Ty smiled. "Ah, like it would've actually worked anyway. Like I said, hope test."
"These 'hope tests' are going to get someone killed," Quentin growled.
Ty grinned wider, sitting back in his seat and propping his head on his hand. "Well, I don't plan on killing anyone soon. Heck, when you find the next body, I bet you I'm not even gonna be the culprit! And then you'll all suspect me at the trial, but we use our hope to unravel the true culprit. Just like always!" He threw back his head and laughed some more.
He's like an entirely different person, Tyler thought anxiously, as Ty got up, said bye to everyone while still laughing and left the Dining Hall.
"What's his problem?" Suiko asked.
"I thought you liked Ty, Suiko?" Jason asked.
Suiko growled. "Not when he gave me away with the whole 'almost killing Tyler' thing, and when he's trying to be the crazy guy. I'm supposed the crazy guy!"
Tyler sighed, but at least even the serial killer agreed that Ty was out of his mind.
"I suddenly don't feel as safe in this house," Jason admitted with a glance at the green potato wall splatter.
"You felt safe here at some point?" Ryan asked with arched eyebrows.
"No, but now I feel less safe than I once did," Jason explained.
As everyone began to leave the Dining Hall, Tyler stopped Jerome.
"Hey, uh, thanks for saving my life," Tyler thanked the Bacca. What else was he supposed to say?
"Haha, it was nothing," Jerome reassured him. "Ty's just being usual Ty."
"He's changed, though..." Tyler said worriedly.
Jerome nodded, the smile fading from his face. "Yeah...but, the more we all stick together, the more I trust everyone here. None of us, with a few exceptions, have tried to kill or showed signs of wanting to kill. And I think that we're stronger than Ty and his hope bullcrap!" He declared happily.
He's got a point, Tyler thought, and walked back to his room.
As he got to the door, he looked over and saw the white figure standing a couple feet away, in the middle of the hallway.
Tyler gave a small gasp of surprise. The figure didn't move, just stared at Tyler with intent eyes. Its face was clear but not distinguishable-and its expression was obviously meaningful.
Tyler blinked, and the figure was gone. He stood there, shivering for a moment, then decided to head down to the Enchantment room, and see what AlterSorcerer knew about ghosts in the mansion.
When he got there, however, AlterSorcerer didn't appear.
Tyler frowned. The book was open. The table was working fine. Why wasn't AlterSorcerer here?
"I'll tell ya why!"
Tyler whipped around to see Herobrine sitting on the arm of one of the large cushiony armchairs in the room.
"Uh, you can read thoughts...?" Tyler asked frightenedly.
Herobrine put a hand over his chest and gasped in an attempt to look offended. "Me? Never! But I could guess what you were thinking by the way you stared at that table like Bashur trying to read Standard Gallactic. You see, when you first met that lovely AI friend, he told you something important."
Tyler frowned. "What?"
Herobrine probably would have rolled his eyes if they weren't all-white. "He told you he would die without Seto's magic, riiight?"
Tyler's eyes widened with realization.
"Without my Master's magic, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep going.. I hope I can still help find information by then,"  Tyler remembered the AI's words.
"So...AlterSorcerer died?" Tyler asked.
Herobrine nodded. "You got it, bud! Too bad, so sad."
Tyler sighed. He didn't know why this news had struck him so hard. AlterSorcerer wasn't a real person or anything...but deep down, Tyler knew that it meant they had lost Seto for good now.
"Say, Herobrine..." Tyler asked suddenly.
"Eh? What's up?" Herobrine asked.
"Uh...do you happen to know anything about ghosts?" Tyler wondered curiously.
Herobrine stared at Tyler. "Ghosts? Is this some kind of troll? Because you're terrible at trolling."
Tyler shook his head. "No-there's been some kind of...ghost around here that I've been seeing. That's what I came to ask AlterSorcerer about."
Herobrine's eyes narrowed for a moment. Then he put on a big smile, that somehow Tyler knew was fake.
"Ghost? Oh, haha, that ghost! Uh, don't worry, there's just been...problems with the air conditioners. Makes this mist come out. But it's not a ghost! No need to worry!" He assured Tyler quickly.
"But-" Tyler started, but Herobrine had disappeared into thin air.
"-we don't have air...conditioners..." Tyler finished.
That was weird, Tyler thought to himself. Herobrine obviously has no clue about the ghost, but he seemed pretty shaken by it. And why did he try to cover it up? What's he hiding?
"Yo, Tyler!" A familiar voice called behind him.
Tyler groaned and turned around. "Yes, Suiko?"
Suiko stood in the doorway, casually leaning against one of the sides. "Do I have the neeews for you!"
Tyler raised an eyebrow. "What?"
Suiki snickered. "I'm finally useful for once! I found-get this-I found a body!"
Tyler's eyes widened. "A body? Who?" He demanded.
"Can't tell you, then you wouldn't come and look!" Suiko replied.
"Why do you need me to look so badly?" Tyler retorted.
"Because, we need three people to see the body so the announcement goes off and we can prove that I was actually helpful! I bet we could get Jason or Brice to come look, too," Suiko explained.
Tyler sighed. "Look, Suiko...you've, uh, tried to murder me in the past. Besides Ty, you're probably the person in this house I should be trusting the least. I mean, for all I know, you could just be trying to lure me somewhere to kill me for real this time!"
Suiko gritted his teeth. He looked pretty angry. "Fine! I'll get someone else to come look! And then you'll see that I'm not useless after all!" And with that, he stormed off.
Tyler sighed. He couldn't help feeling a little bad. Of course, this was a crazy murderer melon phsycopath who had tried to kill him, but he had seemed pretty upset.
But still, Tyler was right to not trust anyone, right? He had a good reason, anyway...
Tyler headed back to his room, not really knowing what he would do. Maybe just sit down on his bed and think.
Tyler sat down on the bed. Suiko was bluffing, right? He must have been lying to try and lure Tyler away, and murder him alone. Or, maybe there was a body, but Suiko was the killer! Or could Bash have done it, the Suiko came and didn't remember? Who was to say there even was a body? He had just seen everyone at breakfast, how could someone be killed so soon?
About ten minutes had probably gone by as Tyler lay in bed, these anxious thoughts going through his mind.
Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He got up out of bed. He was going to go check.
Tyler walked out into the hallways again, to see the figure standing there again, with that intense stare.
Tyler sighed. "I'm not even scared of you anymore," He muttered out loud.
The figure just stared at him.
Tyler frowned, and took a step towards the direction of the ghost. Instantly, the ghost turned around and slowly walked down the hall towards the second floor, watching Tyler from over its shoulder. It faded away mid-walk.
Does it want me to go there? Tyler thought nervously. He cautiously made his way down the hall, in the direction the ghost had disappeared to. Maybe Suiko had been right...
He went up the stairs to the second floor, and took a quick look around the Living Room.
"Ah...Hello?" Tyler called out nervously. "Sui-"

He stopped mid-sentence as his eyes came to rest upon something on the left wall, by the painting. His eyes widened and he took a step back in panic.