thirty-three - yet again

noel

My dad woke me up this morning. He seemed very upset. I've never seem him upset. Ever.

My dad has always been a happy person. So, when I saw how upset he looked, it broke my heart.

I got ready quickly, knowing that we couldn't be late for our flight. My bags were already in the car and I decided to head outside and wait for everyone in the car.

As I stepped out of the house, I noticed the front door to the Gallagher's home open. My heart stopped as the face I saw come out of that house, and what happened next made my world crumble to pieces.

It was Dom that had come out of the house, followed by Carl behind her. And before she left, they kissed. Right there on that porch. I have so many memories on that porch. Good and bad, now I have to add that to the list.

I hurry and get in the Car without either of them noticing.

I can't believe this.

That text message he accidently sent me last night was going to her. It was going to Dom.

After everything we've been through, after everything she's gotten in the way of, he still fucking goes back to her.

I felt tears begin to burn in my eyes and I tried my hardest to hold them in as best as I could.

Then, I decided that I wouldn't have this. I'm not going to let him think I'm a fool. I'm not going to let him think he got away with this, because he sure as hell didn't.

I jumped out of the car, slamming the door behind me. Carl had already gone back inside. I ran up to the Gallagher's front porch, not bothering to knock first, I stormed in. I saw Carl sitting on the couch, watching something on TV. This early though?

"Hey," I half yelled. He instantly turned his head to look at me once he heard my voice. He jumped right off of the couch.

"H-Hey. You, uh, ready to go," he stuttered. "Lip!"

"No. No, I'm not ready to go, actually," I stepped closer to him. I could literally feel steam coming out of my ears. "You think you're so slick, don't you? You think you could actually fool me? Well, you were wrong, you fucking asshole."

"Noel, w-what are you talking about," he asked, obviously playing dumb. "I-"

"Oh, my God! I know you were lying when you texted me last night! I saw Dom coming out if your house a few minutes ago. I saw you kiss her."

"Fuck, please. Noel, I promise you it is not what it looks like-" I interrupted him yet again.

"Carl! I'm not a fucking idiot and I'm not going to let you think you can fool me," I was yelling by now. Definitely yelling. "Why couldn't have atleast waited just a little longer after I left? Huh?"

"I never-" everytime he talked I felt the need to interrupt him.

"Don't even answer that, you fucking prick. How about you stay here, don't bother coming with Lip to the airport," I told him.

"I promise you, El. That meant nothing to me. She means nothing to me," he said. "I don't want to be with her. But, she offered me something and I knew I wasn't going to get it from you." His last words came out in disgust.

"Sex? She offered you sex? And you accepted," I asked him. He didn't answer, he just looked down to the floor. "Oh, my God," I felt the tears coming now and I wasn't going to stop them. "As if this whole situation couldn't have gone any worse. I'm leaving to go see my dying grandmother, Carl! My family is falling to pieces! I'm literally breaking inside and you go behind my back and fuck someone else!" He finally look up to meet my eyes, and I saw tears falling from his own. I know he's sorry, but fuck that. Fuck him.