chapter 17

''Hydra!''

        Cheyenne covers his mouth.  ''Shush!  That's how they knew where we were, they're trying to get rid of us,'' she growls at him.  ''They're trying to take over S.H.I.E.L.D.''

        ''But didn't Hydra die out after World War II?  After the stuff with Red Skull?'' she says softly.

        ''That's what they wanted everyone to think, so they kept everything a secrete.  They decided to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. as a cover up.  There's more around here than you think.''

        ''If its such a secrete then how to you know about it?''

        ''Traveling on the streets of the bad parts of the city can educate you, ya know.''

        ''So what do you know about Viper?  Anything that we should absolutely worried about?''

        ''She's a strategist, a trained terrorist, and knows a lot about weapons and has great fighting skills.  She's an expert in many kinds of martial arts and can use almost any weapon.''

        ''Should we tell Steve about this?  He mainly fought against Hydra, he may be able to help.''

        ''I'm not telling anyone else, and I trust that you won't either.  The wrong person may hear and that'll end up a mess, and maybe with us killed, and it wouldn't be pretty.''

        ''That are we going to do then?  How are we going to find her?  You said that she normally doesn't do her own work.''

        ''Don't worry, I have ways.  What time is it?''

        ''Not sure, but its getting late.''

        ''Get ready then, we'll go out now.  Meet me on top of the Helicarrier in twenty minutes,'' he nods and leaves the room.  Cheyenne looks around her room and grabs her suit and puts it on.  She pulls her hair up into a tight bun and had her goggles and bandanna around her neck. she grabs her quiver and bow and walks out.  She gets outside and sees Clint in his suit near a plane and walks over to him.  ''So, do you know how to fly one of these things?''

        ''Yeah.  Guess we should get going,'' the two of them get on the plane and sit in the two front seats.  Clint starts up the plane as Cheyenne gets settled in the seat, she puts the cloth on around her mouth and puts the goggles on along with a headset.  Clint puts a headset on.  ''Guessing you won't be talking much now since your in character, right?''  she looks at him and he can tell she's giving him a look.  ''Guessing so,'' he takes a deep breath and they start to take off.  ''So, are you going to at least tell me where this place is?''

        ''East end.''

        Clint is trying to keep up with Cheyenne.  She knows the area better than him so he's letting her lead.  They're going along rooftops, and since Cheyenne is use to it, she's leaving Clint behind.  ''Don't you think you could slow down a bit?'' Clint says trying to keep up.  Every now and then he slips.  He isn't use to running and jumping on roofs like she is.

        She stops and looks back at him.  She waits for him to catch up to her.  ''How do you move that quickly on roof tops?''  She keeps going.  Clint lets out a deep breath and goes after her.

        She suddenly stops and looks down at the road.  Clint stops beside her.  ''What is it?''

        She grabs him then jumps off the roof and she lands on her feet onto a moving Mack Truck and lets go of him.  He gains his balance on the speeding truck.  ''You would do this every night?''

        She put her hand up and  moved it side to side indicating that she only did it every now and then.  After the truck makes a few turns she points ahead of them to a warehouse  and moves over toward the edge of the truck.

        ''They should be over there?'' Cheyenne nods.  ''I need to learn sign language to talk to you like this,'' he rolls his eyes.  He notices that Cheyenne is getting ready to jump so he joins her.

        The two jump.  Cheyenne grabs onto a street light and pulls herself up while Clint used one of his arrows to grapple himself onto a building.  Cheyenne balances herself on the street light and jumps over to him.

        She makes her way over to the warehouse and climbs up onto the roof.  ''You love roofs don't you?''  Cheyenne slaps his shoulder and covers his mouth.  She finds a skylight in the roof and looks though it opening it slowly so it doesn't creak.

        There's a few people in there, mainly guys.  One woman it seems.  She is wearing a green dress and green heels.  Her hair is mainly black but depending on how the light hits it you can see her green highlights.

        ''. . . go out there and look for them, and kill them!  Make sure they don't find this place!''

        ''Yes Mam!'' a few of the men say in unison and rush out.

        ''Ugh.  I hate being in this dumpy warehouse, not like I have anywhere else to hide out there, not at the moment anyway.  Once I get those Avengers to split up I'll be able to take over S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra will take over once and for all,'' she sits on a crate with one leg crossed over the other.

        Clint and Cheyenne back away from the window.  ''How long have you known about this?'' Clint whispers yanking the cloth off of Cheyenne's face.

        ''I really haven't known that long, maybe three months.''

        ''And you're not saying anything until now!'' he tries keeping his voice down.

        ''I didn't realize how many Hydra agents were in S.H.I.E.L.D. until I got on the Helicarrier.  Besides, why would any of you listen to me if I just went up to you and told you that Hydra is trying to take over.''

        ''We have to tell everyone else Cheyenne, we can't do this alone.''

        ''I've done more difficult tasks alone.''

        ''Cheyenne!  You're part of the Avengers, and we work as a team, that's what you agreed on when you joined.  Now lets go inform everyone else and come back here.''

        They hear footsteps on the roof.  Cheyenne puts the cloth back on and covers Clint's mouth before he could keep talking.

        ''Well, look at who's here, just the two people we was looking for.''