Chapter 17: Little Talks

Hands grabbed me startling me awake.

"No. Let go of me" I whined before opening my eyes to see Spot. He removed his shirt. Ignoring me he dipped down in the tub, swooping an arm under my legs and one behind my back. I was too tired and cold to fight back. He lifted me out of the tub which was now filled with ice cold water. Gently, he put me down, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me.

"What the hell Mys." Spot said sternly. I stood shivering quietly. All I could do was look at me feet. I heard him sigh heavily before I looked up at him. "Dry off." He said shaking his head at me and walking away into his room.

I meandered into my room as I dried myself off. I grabbed a shirt from the dresser and pulled it on, leaving the wet towels in a pile on the floor. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes. It felt so good to laid down in a warm safe place. I could feel myself falling asleep, that was until he interrupted me.

"Mys, wes need ta talk."

"Not now" I said covering my head with the covers. I could hear his footsteps getting closer. Cool air hit me as Spot peeled the covers from me.

"Yes. Now." I rolled over to face him as he sat on the bed. He was still shirtless. His abs mesmerized me and I stared at his chest. He cocked his head at me, smirking, before he snapped a finger in my face. I shook my head and our eye met.

"What?" I said shortly.

"Is don't even know where to begin with yous" he said shaking his head at me.

"What else is new" I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Yous can drop the attitude." I glared at him. "Seriously, what the hells were yous thinking?"

"I was thinking I wanted to go to 'Hattan" I paused trying to hold it back, but my mouth let it go. "where I'm not locked in a room against my will."

"Watch it Mys. Yous brought that on yourself. And yous really thought that escaping was the best idea?"

"Sure, why not" I said in a monotone voice.

"Mys what happened tonight could have been a lot worse! Do you not realize that? Why do you think I don't want you leaving the dock without and escort?"

"Because you're the Mighty Spot Conlon and yous need to control everybody."

"Mys" he snapped raising his eyebrows. He was warning me.

"Spot" I said mocking him. My mouth was really getting the better of me tonight. He clenched his jaw and glared at me. There was a long pause. "Can Is go ta bed now?"

"No" he growled. "Mys, yous have been so reckless to the point that yous are seriously endangering yourself! Starting fights, back talking, escaping..."

"Is think we get the point" I interrupted him.

"Mys! Do yous know realize what could have happened tonight?!"

"Believe me Is know! It wouldn't be the first time its happened!" I snapped getting frustrated. Spot's face immediately changed. Oh my God! Did I seriously just say that. I dropped my head, looking away from him.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing" I shook my head trying to brush it off. Damn my mouth, I thought.

"Mys?"

"Its nothing. Seriously!"

"Don't lie to me. Not about this." He said sternly. Shock, anger, and concern painted his face.