21

L I L Y

L I L Y

"BS!"

Alex groans. "Dammit! How did you know?"

I giggle as he grabs the whole deck of cards and adds it to his.

It's been about twenty minutes and Alex has taught me how to play a whole bunch of card games.

I've also gotten to know him a lot more. His full name is Alexander and he's also a fighter. He used to live in New York until he moved here a few years ago.

"How much longer Ally?" I gave him the nickname 'Ally' because he got to give me one.

"He should be almost done by now Lulu." He tells me. "Come on, let's start again." Alex places the Ace card in the middle.

After another round of me winning, the door finally opens and in walks Mason. He looks tired and has another set of bloody knuckles. This time he has a busted lip and a cut on his eyebrow. 

"Masey!" I rush over to him. He grins and opens his arms for me to wrap mine around his waist. "Are you okay?"

He kisses the top of my head. "I'm fine, angel."

I sigh in relief and move to stand next to him as Mason wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"How'd they go?" Alex asks as he walks over to us.

Mason shrugs. "Same as always."

Alex grins. "That's my boy!" He ruffles Mason's hair, leading to Mason glaring at him while trying to fix it by running his fingers through it.

"I gotta run, but if you ever need a babysitter, i'm always free."

I glare at him for use the term babysitter, but he just winks.

"Thanks, see you tomorrow." Mason nods before they do their handshake.

Alex turns to me and grins. "Hug?"

I giggle and run into his arms before Mason can stop me. They aren't as warm as Mason's, but I'm not gonna tell him that.

Once's he's gone I turn to Mason and see him taking off his hand wraps again as he walks towards me.

I frown, looking at his cuts and busted lip. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

He nods and points over to his locker. "In there, top shelf."

I walk over and open the locker. I grab the kit and walk back over to him so I can lead him towards the couch.