Chapter 8

Happy Monday everyone! Thanks for all your comments, they crack me up and your support warms my heart ❤️
Kind of a filler chapter but enjoy!
It's been a week since our sleepover, from the morning I'd woken up in a tangle of limbs and awkward male morning bodily functions that still make me blush when I think about it. Since then, I've seen the guys almost every day, either at their places or they come to mine for diner, movies, or just to hang out. It's been amazing to have them around and I have to pinch myself sometimes just to be sure I didn't dream up these 14 amazing guys. They've become my best friends in such a short amount of time and I revel in their attention, savoring every moment, every touch and every second of happiness they bring me.

Though I'm not feeling very friendly at the moment.We're prepping the diner for the Friday dinner rush and I'm in the kitchen with North, trying to remember how much, and why, I adore him so I don't strangle him.

"North I know how to open a freaking banana."

"No, no you fucking don't, you're doing it wrong right now. You have it upside down, bananas are opened at the stem, everybody knows that."

"Oh my god! I'm not an idiot, just let me show you." I grab the banana out of his hands, completely frustrated with him at the moment, and the feeling must be mutual if the clenching of his jaw is any indication. However, right now he's also completely wrong. If you watch animal planet or have ever seen a monkey eat a banana, you'd see they do it "upside down" like this. It's easier that way, the peel comes off cleaner and you don't even have to deal with the black piece on the end.

Ignoring his protests I hold the yellow fruit out of his reach, well, unless he wants to get real up close and personal it's out of his reach, and pinch the end of the banana before I whip off the peel. I turn the now bare and perfectly clean fruit up for his inspection and can't fight the smug grin forming when I see the dumbfounded and vaguely sheepish expression on his face.

"Want to tell me again that I'm doing it wrong?" I ask and hear loud laughter come from behind me. Looking back I see that Marc, Luke, Kota and Uncle have all joined us in the kitchen.

Turning back to North I see he's finally regained his composure, although he still looks decidedly sheepish. "No Babe, you can open a banana. Just where the fuck did you learn that? I've never seen it done that way."

"We'll have you ever seen a monkey eat a banana?" I ask, deciding to be a butt about this instead of giving him the short answer.

"Uh...yeah?" Aw now he looks confused.

"Then you have seen it before." I shrug.

He still looks lost. "Baby girl, you lost me, what?"

"It's how the monkeys do it." Aha, there goes the light bulb.

"So you're telling me that you open a banana like that because... it's how the monkeys do it?" Why is this so hard for him to get, he seems like such a smart guy.

"Yup." I say, extra emphasis on the "p" sound.

Finally he chuckles, joined by the other guys once again. I feel a large palm come up to ruffle my hair and turn to see Uncle smiling down at me.

"That's my pretty bird, don't let Mr. Know It All boss you around."

"Hey!" We both laugh at North's outrage, causing him to grunt and head back to the table, this time taking my advice and popping open bananas the proper way and I think I hear hear him grumble what sounds like "fuckin'monkeys, we're all doomed."

***

*North*

We're all fucking doomed. That girl right there...the one with the haunted green eyes, a mind that rivals both Kota's and Owen's, a spine of absolute steel and a heart of gold...the one who just handed me my ass over bananas is it for me, and I know it's only a matter of time before my brothers feel the same way.